PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   FORCED INDUCTION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/)
-   -   90mm LS2 / WCCH J-Tube now works on my 06 (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/90mm-ls2-wcch-j-tube-now-works-my-06-a-378772/)

Bill Reid 11-09-2006 04:50 PM

90mm LS2 / WCCH J-Tube now works on my 06

Big thanks goes to moregrip, Blown 364, Grumpy4.8, and DrX for helping me obtain schematics, suggestions, and other info that was very helpful.

Blown 364 suggested to me back in July to try the 02 pedal and harness. I, for the life of me don't remember him suggesting it, until I did a search on my own posts. God, I have a terrible short term memory problem. Drinkin' toddys and tapping the keyboard probably doesn't help either:D. Anyway grippy told me to try an 02 gas pedal recently so I set out to figure out the differences in the older gas pedal(s) versus the one in my 06 truck. My foot pedal is unique to my year... don't know about 07's. Long story short is the 02-03 foot pedal and its harness (from pedal to TAC) allows the 02 TAC and the LS2 90mm throttle body to work in my truck!!! Woo-Hoo! I now get to enjoy that great setup that Richard at WCCH put together for me! :)

I still have a couple of issues but at least they appear to now be no different than others who have done the swap. First, the throttle body does not open all the way when the foot pedal is fully depressed. Its about 80-85% as others have noted... see pic below of the test I did prior to install. Second, my tranny shift points seem to have changed. If anybody has the updated changes I need to make to bring the shift points back to normal it would be much appreciated. I do have HP Tuners.

Thanks to everyone who helped :cheers:

Bill

http://FileLibrary.MYAASite.Com/Cont...4/19575058.jpg

Grumpy5.3 11-09-2006 05:18 PM

congrats Bill good job!!!!
now I am jealous!!!

Breeze 11-09-2006 05:43 PM

Congrats on the fix :hail: this is a mod I will also do someday :thumb: How about some before and after #s or times.

KySilverado 11-09-2006 05:52 PM

Congrats! Glad you got it working. I forgot it didn't work on yours at all. When I saw the post I got excited, thought someone had figured out the not full 90* issue.

moregrip 11-09-2006 05:55 PM

Congrats Bill! Have fun with the new Working setup!

DrX 11-09-2006 09:42 PM

Glad to see it worked out! Did the 02 pedal assembly just bolt right in?

Bill Reid 11-09-2006 10:08 PM

The 06 pedal bolts to a bracket and then bolts to the firewall. The 02-03 pedal just bolts right to the firewall... then I fished the 02 harness through the firewall and up to the TAC after removing the 06 harness...

Update on the drivability... the first 30% of throttle pedal travel feels REALLY flat on power... almost non-existant throttle repsonse. Normal? Anybody got any comments on this? Also, definitely need some help on the transmission up/down shift points versus TPS. One thing I did notice is when I had the truck throttle body on, once warmed up, if you let the truck sit for a minute or 2 in park, the idle will stumble for a split second and recover. The LS2 throttle body does not seem to do this... so, thats a good thing.

Open it up, and even with the 80-85% open throttle blade... I can feel a decent difference in power. I'll get it over to the dyno and do an another run and post up the results soon.

DrX 11-09-2006 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by billreid1@cox.net
The 06 pedal bolts to a bracket and then bolts to the firewall. The 02-03 pedal just bolts right to the firewall... then I fished the 02 harness through the firewall and up to the TAC after removing the 06 harness...

Update on the drivability... the first 30% of throttle pedal travel feels REALLY flat on power... almost non-existant throttle repsonse. Normal? Anybody got any comments on this? Also, definitely need some help on the transmission up/down shift points versus TPS. One thing I did notice is when I had the truck throttle body on, once warmed up, if you let the truck sit for a minute or 2 in park, the idle will stumble for a split second and recover. The LS2 throttle body does not seem to do this... so, thats a good thing.

Open it up, and even with the 80-85% open throttle blade... I can feel a decent difference in power. I'll get it over to the dyno and do an another run and post up the results soon.

How is the correlation between logged pedal position and logged throttle position? Can you modify throttle response with HPT? Actual TP may be a little less than commanded/reported TP as is the case for WOT. Your throttle area scalar will be off now also but that should mainly effect idle.

Bill Reid 11-09-2006 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by DrX
How is the correlation between logged pedal position and logged throttle position? Can you modify throttle response with HPT? Actual TP may be a little less than commanded/reported TP as is the case for WOT. Your throttle area scalar will be off now also but that should mainly effect idle.

HELP ME Doctor!!! :jest: :D

I am a ROOKIE with HP Tuners... I am going to pay someone to teach me... but thats after my custom FLP transgo shift kit and wideband install... per the tuner. ANY help in the meantime is MUCH appreciated.

I did good though today... 90mm install and got hooked up on an Auburn Pro diff install :D Wow... a good diff does make a difference :drive:

Bill :cheers:

Richard@WCCH 11-10-2006 08:40 AM

Congrats Bill! I'm happy to see you get the upgrade going. Thanks for posting your progress here.

:cheers: :cheers:

Richard :)