FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

2017 Silverado with a lt4 supercharger

Old 11-04-2018, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
Curious what could've happened here. LT 5.3's have been pushed into the 850 range although with turbo and 700 with PC. Actually there is one in the Mid east running mid 9's I think. Could it have detonated due to a fuel issue or was it like you said pushed it too hard such as maybe timing and such? Want to know why a rod broke so I don't do it too of course since I'm PD. Thanks for any info and look forward to seeing this grow!
Whats screwed up is it did it when I pulled it out of the garage. I had just got done with putting the rear dual exhaust on my truck. I pulled it out of the garage turned it off. Was checking to see how my exhaust tips looked. Decided to get back in it to see how loud the exhaust was with the new exhaust. When I started it up it idle for a few seconds. Put it in gear and all he’ll broke loose. Heard the aluminum hitting the ground then heard the oil dripping. I was logging it earlier when I was beating on it. Everything was fine. Oil pressure, and coolant was good. My guess would be maybe something like one of my valves dropped. I’ll know better once I tear it apart.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Thank you. So sad brother. Sub'd.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
Thank you. So sad brother. Sub'd.
pretty much believe my motor was a lemon lol.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI the guy doing my heads found more than one cracked stock l83 exhaust valve tip. I don’t think that would do what you’re talking about, though.Bet your heads are still good.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Really considering Swifching over to turbo. What kits are u guys rung?
Old 11-08-2018, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LSXHawk
Really considering Swifching over to turbo. What kits are u guys rung?
Turbo here. I make more power than my friends whipple trucks and for a LOT less money. But you already have the charger I would just buy a LT1 and go with that 7xxwhp and no worries.

Honestly the on3 is a GREAT kit I feel the divided turbo manifold is better only thing I feel could be better is the DP. it is 3" then in a few inches bumps up to 3.5" I would like a 4" But it isn't need anyways. As for turbo The On3 higher end stuff is good. or you can go 76/75 PTE. both are rated at 1150hp. If you change the first few inches of the DP you can run about any turbo as other than that it is just a rubber elbow. Also the T4 is more then enough for 99% of power levels but if you want T6 you can cut off and weld as the stainless is thick and good, or just buy an adapter and bolt on the 1/4" will not hurt anything. Really T6 just opens up more turbo options. the turbo sits low. Wastegate is vented to atmosphere and in a the best location. I would order the race core intercooler and spring kit.

I'm still of the thought that the lt4 injectors are not a good idea on the l83. Their has been a lot of talk and all I read is it isn't a good idea but "maybe" possible to make work.
From HPT forums Jpierro79 but same thing I'm hearing from others. I 'm no expert just my option.
"Im going to warn you to be careful and make sure you end up with correct injection timing cause the window of injection timing in a direct injection engine is 1/4 the window of port injection timing. IF you dont have he correct offset info and all injector info you can do serious damage. DI tuning is not for feint of heart. The other thing is Its way more sensitive to detonation. Just a note. If you dont have access to all the fuel parameters for the fuel injectors as if you had an lt4 I would not recommend it. I dont have as much experience with newer DI GM cars yet but spray tip length everything if it isnt spraying exactly on the correct spot of the piston. Say the lt4 has a wider spray pattern you will blow your engine with detonation. Just forewarning you of differences in DI cars. 2 milimeters longer or shorter wont work. Just do your homework first"
Old 11-09-2018, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

I can believe good data and implementation is essential on DI injectors, not only lt4’s but all of them. They’re performing great on my SC l83. Pat Guerra dyno tune. He knows what he’s doing.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had fasterproms tune my truck so I’m sure the tune was fine.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSXHawk

Here is my 2017 4wd 5.3 6speed auto Silverado with the lt4 supercharger on it. Made 634/599 to the wheels. Mods include tsp cam, stainless works headers, stainless works dual exhaust, custom cold air kit, adm 2.3 pulley, ported blower by fasterproms, lt4 fuel pump and injectors, 95mm zr1 throttle body, e85, alky control kit, innovators west 10% overdrive pulley and tuning was done by fasterproms. Future mods will be ported throttle body, dual nozzle alky control, cnc tsp heads, thermal reduction plates, 160 stat, heat expansion tank, and maybe an up graded intake fuel
pump.
Can you pleas upload your hpt tune file
Old 10-21-2019, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lsxgarage
Can you pleas upload your hpt tune file
No lol
The following 2 users liked this post by LSXHawk:
arthursc2 (10-21-2019), smokeshow (10-24-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 Silverado with a lt4 supercharger