PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Eastern (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/eastern-122/)
-   -   Tech II in Dahlgren Va. (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/eastern-122/tech-ii-dahlgren-va-346902/)

JRsilverado 08-17-2005 04:11 PM

Tech II in Dahlgren Va.

Does anyone in the Dahlgren Va. area have a Tech II? I just got my new Nelson tune in and I have the crank postition sensor relearn SES.

02sierraz71_5.3 08-17-2005 04:15 PM

what are you doin in dahlgren I went to c-school up there for aegis spy1-b radar

JRsilverado 08-17-2005 04:20 PM

I was FCS but I'm now in school for AWS. Both track II. When were you here?

Mr. Sandog 08-17-2005 04:47 PM

I was in Norfolk for SPS-40 C school, but that was over two decades ago. :lol:

JRsilverado 08-17-2005 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Naked AV
I was in Norfolk for SPS-40 C school, but that was over two decades ago. :lol:

SPS-40??? I've never even heard of that radar! What ship were you on, the Ark? :jest: I'll be out in SD in a few months. We need to meet up once I get there.:cheers:

Mr. Sandog 08-17-2005 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by JRsilverado
SPS-40??? I've never even heard of that radar! What ship were you on, the Ark? :jest: I'll be out in SD in a few months. We need to meet up once I get there.:cheers:

It was an air-search radar, used before the new 3-D radars came out (SPS-48, SPS-49, etc.). I was on the USS Bagley, FF-1069 (otherwise known as the 'Gag Me' or the 'Bag Lady'), a Knox-class frigate with active and passive sonars, ASROCs, a 5-inch 54-caliber gun, chaff, and a Phalanx gatling. I think all the Knox frigates were decommissioned in the early 1990's.

Definitely ring me when you come to town. By that time the beast should be running better.... :devil:

dc_justin 08-17-2005 09:38 PM

I live in Arlington and have EFI Live Flashscan, which can do that re-learn procedure... So if you are in the area anytime soon, I can help you out.

02sierraz71_5.3 08-17-2005 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by JRsilverado
I was FCS but I'm now in school for AWS. Both track II. When were you here?

I was there in 98-99 dont envy you there isnt jack to do up there except drink and get into trouble in DC, but I did have fun up there I went to school on mids shift by 7 am we were out and tanked

JRsilverado 08-18-2005 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by dc_justin
I live in Arlington and have EFI Live Flashscan, which can do that re-learn procedure... So if you are in the area anytime soon, I can help you out.

That is awsome! :hail: Are you available this weekend?

JRsilverado 08-18-2005 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
I was there in 98-99 dont envy you there isnt jack to do up there except drink and get into trouble in DC, but I did have fun up there I went to school on mids shift by 7 am we were out and tanked

I hear ya. This week, we had 7 people go to mast for drinking. Six underage, one buying and one while on duty (at the base club)!:bang:

Now the cops are really bad around here. Yesterday, I saw 5 on the way to Fburg. They say Waldorf is even worse. So I just walk over to Rumors and stumble back :cheers:

What ship did you go to?