Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Mincz Tire Richmond Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Mincz Tire Richmond Virginia

I was fired from a false accusation that a customer made up and told the boss. The boss also fired another employee 2 weeks ago for having a hurt ankle. Now all they have left is a 19 year old kid that has no experience in what he is doing. More than eight people are under assumptions that location will be closed shortly. I have already removed the inventory album from 89 groups on facebook, 18 ad's from craigslist and multiple threads across 30+ forums.

When I first started working there they had a family friend working on the computers. They were slow as **** and didnt respond to any kind of a command. I walked into the office and asked the guy if he knew the specs of the computers. His response was "its not worth upgrading these things". That pissed me off. After he left I found out that the Dell was a P4 running 512mb of ram and the other was a hyperthread motherboard running 512. The computer guy was there cause he was trying to update the Dell which he never got through cause the system had 200mb's of free space left on the hard drive. That really showed me he was a noob to computers. The other computer was low on memory and always ran to the point of overheating due to no exhaust fan in the case. Cpu fan always ran 100% all day long. I took it upon myself to order the parts needed to fix both computers. The dell was maxed out with memory 2gb's and I replaced the hard drive with a 300 gig. Had to clone the new hard drive cause replacing HD's on a XP OS is not a plug and play option. Also found out it was still running a Fat32 file system with service pack 1. Converted the file system to NTFS and updated the system. The old hard drive didnt have enough space for the cloning software so I had to use a jump drive to do it, fun stuff.

The other computer was maxed out on memory and a exhaust fan was added to the case which in turned made the cpu fan run less than 50% all day and just flat out ran better.

Seemed like once a week I would have to do a ip release and renew on their network due to connectivity issues and slow response of the internet.

They lost a valuable tech, how many techs do you know that are also computer programmers by experience.

Head Tech Fired for a False Accusation

I'm highly pissed off about it. Lady comes in a month ago complaining about a vibration in her car. Apparently the shop sold her the wrong bolt pattern, used the wrong lugs, electrical taped hub rings, the balance was off and they broke some of the tpms sensors. She goes back to them and gets a refund. 2 weeks ago she comes back and I install the same style rim just correctly. Rims came with the wrong hub centric ring which we didnt find out a few days later when she came back. New hub rings were ordered. Friday I installed the correct hub rings on the car and took it for a test drive. There was still some vibrations so I pulled it back into the shop and rebalanced all four in case some of the weights fell off during the week of vibrations. So I balanced the four and took it back onto another test drive. Car didnt vibrate anymore and was fixed. Registered owner was outside the shop when I pulled up. I got out and stated "the vibrations are gone".

She leaves and a few hours later she comes back and claims the car pulls to the right. I was asked to test drive the car for the third time. I looked at the odometer and noticed she drove over thirty miles while she was gone. So I assumed that she may have either a caliper or bearing locking up due to heat to cause the pull. I take the car up 95 north to 295 West and back down 64 East to the shop roughly 30 miles. It drove straight in the middle lane, pulled alittle to the right in the right lane and alittle the left in the left lane. Drove the car around 70 to 75 the whole distance cause thats where the last vibrations where reported at. Got a speeding ticket on the way back for diagnosing the car at the reported speed, 72 in a 55. Informed the officer what I was doing and the fact we just put 20 inch rims on a Camry, still got the ticket.

Got back to the shop and the registered owner was waiting outside. I was pissed about the speeding ticket so I didnt say a word to her when I pulled up. I went inside, handed the keys to Jennifer Mincz and informed her of my findings. She too took it for a test drive with the owner in the car. She didnt notice any abnormal pulling. Jennifer Mincz waited until the end of the day to say what happened between me and the customer. She said the boyfriend called and told her that I said "why worry about the vibrations, you dont pay the car payment". That is the false accusation I got fired for. Jennifer Mincz claimed I'm a mean person and she said she believes the customer.

Still disgusted on how they responded to the false accusation against me. I went beyond my job requirements to keep the shop making money. Even spent countless hours off the clock after hours to get vehicles done. Spent hundreds of dollars to keep the shop running "air hose equipment, hvac parts, shop tools" but yet this is how they treat their head tech. I have done off the clock unpaid road side services away from the business by request of Kenny Mincz. I stayed after hours while everyone else went home to make sure Jennifer Mincz left the shop safe and from harms way "was a request during the hire date by Kenny Mincz her father". Always showed up 15 to 30 minutes before opening to prep the shop for the day. They had one of three floor jacks die so I went out and spent 200+ on a jack to keep shop operations going. Fixed the fuel rail on her truck when the head mechanic couldnt do it. Went out of my way to pick up the other 2 employees to take to work when their car died and then back home.