Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Any shop owners/employees or talented DIYer's in Maryland?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any shop owners/employees or talented DIYer's in Maryland?

I just bought a 2005 Silverado SS AWD from a guy in Silver Spring and the truck suffered a brake hardline failure in the rear (assuming around the gas tank or rear axle area). I've spent the last 72 hours trying to make arrangements for an auto transport to ship the truck back to Massachusetts but so far no luck, only shady operations and shipping brokers looking to make a quick buck have contacted me.

So now I'm exploring another option which is to just have the truck's brakes redone in MD and then drive it back home myself. The trick there is that I don't know anyone in MD and don't know what good local repair shops there are in the area. The guy I bought the truck from said his local chevy dealer (whom he took the truck to for everything) quoted him $4800 for the work which is outrageous!

Anyways, if anyone owns or works for a reputable shop local to that area (or I can pay to have the vehicle towed to you within reasonable distance) OR if you are an accomplished DIYer and have the tools, time and desire to make some cold hard cash doing the job for me please hit me up!!

I'm strongly considering going the Ni-Copp line route and also getting the Hydroboost upgrade done at the same time so let me know if that's a possibility as well, thanks!

Dave
(774) Two 77 - 7 eight 63
chevyguy73 (at) hotmail.com