Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

TVS 1900/Meth Dyno 600 +

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim, What made you get out of the diesel scene?
Old 06-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Those little tricycle motors are the most expensive and time consuming. Can't wait to hear how it all works out.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:08 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bluelbz
Tim, What made you get out of the diesel scene?
Well It was a couple things .

I wanted to have one of the fastest diesels around , and I was already maxxed out on mods with stock engine , ( EFI Live race tuning , built Allison, converter ect , stock turbo) and I wanted to add a set of MPI twins , also I needed to step up to a PPE dual fueler setup , -- All that would have been about 8-10grand , plus most stock Dmaxes with duel fuelers end up popping a piston or rod or worse. A stock rebuild of a DURAMAX engine is around 10k . Just way too much money for me to invest . And the truck held it's value well so I sold it , bought a CC sierra Denali for a daily/ family vehicle , I truly love gas LSx engines so I wanted another one

Originally Posted by EGrippe77
Those little tricycle motors are the most expensive and time consuming. Can't wait to hear how it all works out.
Thankyou Sir , your correct the little people are expensive and take all our time , I won't cheat my kids out of their childhood by me working on my truck all the time , I try to do it when they are either going to bed or early in the morn on weekends , it's tough , because working on my stuff is therapy haha.

I'm excited to get to the track though . Im going thru withdraw lol

How's your ride doin ?
Old 06-26-2014, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

I hear you Tim. I sold my 07 LBZ last year and I miss it like heck. They are expensive though. Ive been looking for another one which is probably a mistake. I recently pick up an 05 CC Z71 that has only 62k miles on it and is fully loaded. I figured I would throw a magna charger on it and be happy. Not to derail your thread, but what does a trans build cost for the gassers and how much will the rear diff hold?
Old 06-26-2014, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim you need to get this beast to the track asap bring the wife and kids! And I want another lsx truck bad too lol lbz is great but it's a daily not a track toy!
Old 06-29-2014, 08:13 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by 07bluelbz
I hear you Tim. I sold my 07 LBZ last year and I miss it like heck. They are expensive though. Ive been looking for another one which is probably a mistake. I recently pick up an 05 CC Z71 that has only 62k miles on it and is fully loaded. I figured I would throw a magna charger on it and be happy. Not to derail your thread, but what does a trans build cost for the gassers and how much will the rear diff hold?
Hey bud , no worries we are all here for discussion so ask away !
Dude that is a great find with that mileage , congrats , a Maggie will be an awesome mod to that and you'll love it , Infact you might not miss having your old dmax once you get a blower setup on your Z71 !
Yeah I loved and still love my Dmax , my buds still have theirs , best diesel out there in my mind !
You know , it's kinda up in the air on how much a gasser trans build is .
A 4L80E is DEFINITLEY less expensive to build than a 60E , and will hold more power any day of the week . A stock 80e with a shift kit will take you along way and will hold a lot of power , the first 80e I had was stock with shift kit and it held great , I should have had a deep pan on it for more fluid , cuz when I launched hard the fluid would run away from pump pick up and it hurt my first gear clutches . So now I have a custom built 80e from an excellent builder with billet parts and rollerized , I'm not sure how much it cost total , but it's cheaper than the built Allison I had in my Dmax .
Originally Posted by ltr450ryder
Tim you need to get this beast to the track asap bring the wife and kids! And I want another lsx truck bad too lol lbz is great but it's a daily not a track toy!
Yeah I want to George , I love taking my boy to the track , he loves speed ! It's cool to have our kids loving this stuff !

Well though , your Dmax is running awesome and I'm sure it was faster than mine , unless you build them to the hilt you won't have a 10 sec truck , but to have a 12 sec , 7000lb truck that will tow ANYTHING and get 22 mpg is ******* awesome and what else can ya do that in ?!

But yeah I love the LSx gas engines , best ever and lots of fun to play with .
Old 06-29-2014, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock rebuild is no where near 10k for a dmax, I actually just sold a customer a fully built motor with carillos, pistons, ported heads etc and he was in that price range
Regardless diesels are very expensive, most guys at my work have more into their trannies than i do in my full turbo kit and trans swap lol
Old 06-29-2014, 07:55 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by timmay208
stock rebuild is no where near 10k for a dmax, I actually just sold a customer a fully built motor with carillos, pistons, ported heads etc and he was in that price range
Regardless diesels are very expensive, most guys at my work have more into their trannies than i do in my full turbo kit and trans swap lol
They must have came down in price since the last time I checked , roughly 2 yrs ago , the rotating assemblies and pistons plus machine work and labor adds up quick and I know it's expensive .

And going with SoCal's stuff is the way I'd want to go , but I'd have to take out a second mortgage to buy one of his forged builds , the diesel game is just expensive for me .

I was at Merchant automotive in MI one time to have my trans refreshed ,
He had a customer truck that had A SoCAL stroker kit , heads , and big MPI twin turbo kit , this truck made 55 psi IIRC , and was THE fastest truck period I've ever been in , it was evil nasty . The motor/turbo setup alone was 30K+
Old 06-29-2014, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Timmay im not hating but I thought it was funny that you work for Alligator perf. And built a gasser. Do the guys at the shop condemn you lol. J/k I really like your build also.