PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Dynamometer Results & Comparisons (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons-169/)
-   -   Roush TVS1900 4.8 results (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons-169/roush-tvs1900-4-8-results-543295/)

schino 03-31-2016 09:28 AM

Roush TVS1900 4.8 results

2 Attachment(s)
I finally dyno'd my truck. its been done for a little over 4 years now and have ran it many times at the track. My brother is doing fab work part time at a shop and they wanted me to throw the truck on their new dynojet 248. first 2 pulls it spun but the last pull we tightened it up more and added some weight in the bed. I actually ran the dyno which was fun :D and i decided to make pulls locked in 2nd gear. I didnt trust the tires or driveshaft to that speed. I'm counting the last run as the real numbers 551rwhp 537tq. About 50 more hp than i was expecting, and didn't expect it to pull clear to 6800 without falling off. mods are in my sig but in case they change.

stock ly2 4.8, only opened enough for cam
roush tvs1900, snout modded for 2.8" pulley, 12-13 psi
intercooler tank mounted at 2nd battery tray
alky control meth spraying a hefty amount
212/222 115lsa cam.
pac single springs
push rods
stainlessworks 1 3/4" headers, this was dumped under the cab
4l80e locked converter in 2nd
AFR is around 10.8-11.0

I think thats about it as far as hp mods are concerned.

Attachment 86246
Attachment 86247

Atomic 03-31-2016 09:41 AM

Nice job! I wish I had grabbed one of those blowers when they popped up a few years ago.

Vortec350ss 03-31-2016 09:53 AM

That little guy is making some steam!!!

Do you have the stock balancer on there? Knowing the abuse the shorter stroke crank can take I would love to see you cram a little more boost in there.

Go 8 rib with an OD balancer and see what happens... I bet the results will be awesome.

Also FYI the calculator I use puts you closer to 600 at the wheels based on weight and MPH. It would have been interesting to see how a 3rd gear pull would have worked out!

Also I'm curiour how that circle D converter acts off the line? I would guess it flashes really high for you.

03sierraslt 03-31-2016 10:02 AM

Tim z has a 2.5" pulley on his..... Just saying

ZO6Ted 03-31-2016 11:04 AM

I've always admired what you've done with that 4.8!

schino 03-31-2016 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic (Post 5351564)
Nice job! I wish I had grabbed one of those blowers when they popped up a few years ago.

They really were a screaming deal!! I wish i bought more! haha

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss (Post 5351567)
That little guy is making some steam!!!

Do you have the stock balancer on there? Knowing the abuse the shorter stroke crank can take I would love to see you cram a little more boost in there.

Go 8 rib with an OD balancer and see what happens... I bet the results will be awesome.

Also FYI the calculator I use puts you closer to 600 at the wheels based on weight and MPH. It would have been interesting to see how a 3rd gear pull would have worked out!

Also I'm curiour how that circle D converter acts off the line? I would guess it flashes really high for you.

Id like to bump up the boost a little bit. its got the stock balancer on it. I got similar results from calculator, the truck normally traps in the 113's, the 115 passes were on a really cold day so im sure it was making a good amount more power. I messed up a little with the converter. it was a lot tighter, what i thought was a problem with the valvebody was actually the 2nd gear shift. what i thought was the 2nd gear shift was actually the converter locking in 2nd. so i pulled apart the valvebody and had the converter restalled against their recommendation. now its a little too loose. it will flash over 4k.

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt (Post 5351571)
Tim z has a 2.5" pulley on his..... Just saying

I may do that ;)

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted (Post 5351587)
I've always admired what you've done with that 4.8!

thanks man. i just think its cool we got the setup good on the first shot. lots of good input from people here and good parts. its never given me any problems at all. I actually wanted to change the plugs for the first time the other day but no one around here had them in stock. i pulled a couple out and they looked great so i let it ride for the dyno. this tune was even done on the street with tuner looking at afr gauge. its pretty rock solid

blue5three 03-31-2016 05:20 PM

nice build bro, I'm debating weather supercharging mine or putting a turbo