Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

2012 yukon denali

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Last Call
I would expect more power pulling to the top as well. But it's hard to get it right without a dyno and through email.

Do you mind sharing the tune and logs - j_port21@yahoo.com

not at all, sent to email
Old 11-19-2017, 12:35 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by randeez
not at all, sent to email
I looked through your tune and logs. I think you are down 4-5 degrees of timing at WOT for E85, which is definitely a contributing factor to your power being down. Looking through your E85 tables, I think there is room to add the timing in there. It also looks a little lean at the top of 3rd/4th gear, which may also be contributing.

Justin is a very good tuner and I'm sure he'll be able to sort out your tune. I think it is beyond a few tweaks, as he will need to determine where and how he wants to add in the E85 timing (several ways to do it). Many of the factory tables are still stock, which means the timing in your high octane table is low, with timing being added from your cam phaser table, fuel mixture table, and the two flex fuel tables.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Can I take a stab and say it was MAF tuned only with no VVE tuning?

Not tuning the VVE can leave power on the table too as it's still always used for transient fueling even in MAF only tunes.

VVE tuning would require lots of data logging time with a aftermarket cam though.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

small update.... appreciate all the help from a few guys to help "diagnose"/confirm tuning issues. I was real close to pulling the trigger on hpt/efilive decided to check with a few local guys and ended up taking it to kraftworks/excell auto sps.
I dropped it off and said tune it...they didnt ask for any mod info really etc, i figured we'd see what the hell happens. Their dyno said it made over 400hp and it pulled good to shift point, which they lowered to 6k rpm. they left all the cam phaser tables the same, i'm guessing they just threw timing at it till it fell off again. and idle was real choppy (again i'll take some blame as i didnt explain what i wanted)
Drove it around for a day with it on my mind and wasnt all that excited about it. I brought it back down there and sat with tuner for a little bit, went over mods and what i expected out of it, ramped up the cam retard a little more agressively (what tsp recommends). He went back to work on it raised up the idle and smoothed it out, raised shifts up to about 6500 (havent really had a chance to open it up). Didnt get it back on the dyno, but still pulls strong up top. I grabbed most of what i need to install the actual sensor and pin the ecm for the flex fuel- after thats all in it will be going back to complete flex fuel tuning.

FFDP- had absolutely no idea what you were asking, at the time you asked lol. Spent a lot of time reading up on everything i could to try and learn. and you are correct from stock tune to mail order tune there were absolutely no changes made to the vve tables