Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

New timing system at Alaska Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:30 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New timing system at Alaska Raceway Park

This Saturday will be the first day of the new system being used. Hopefully is all works well, but I expect there may be some glitches. The track owners spent over $18k to get this system all up & running, and it's supposed to have alot of web-based features.

It's going to be tied to www.1320go.com also, so the entire interwebz will be able to see your runs, and your timeslips. Some of you guys in the lower 48 have had this for some time, and now Alaska finally does too!

Anyways, I just thought I'd share. See you at the races!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's a copy of the e-mail that ARP sent out.

Dear Alaska Raceway Park Racers,

Despite one day of rain, Memorial Day weekend was aewsome- new cars, new drivers, new "goodies" under old hoods. When you return to racing on Saturday, June 9th (which will be a day race with time trials starting at 11am), there will be a new timing system at Alaska Raceway Park. Our old system is 12 years old. Anyone who has dealt with computers, especially under race conditions, knows that the system is getting very close to the end of its life.

Last winter, I looked into upgrading to a new race net system that has many web based features making it easy to access your runs, more accurate and much faster than our current system. I have checked with other tracks that use this system and they are impressed with the way it works.

What impact will the new system have?

In the tower- a smoother operation of the tower, 25% faster operation and "Operator Alerts" to minimize tower errors. The "Stage Lock" should eliminate roll-back red lights. An announcer screen will provide statistics like who is closer to their dial-in, who is running fastest, who is most consistant.
For racers- Besides your name printed on your ET slips, you will have immediate access to the day's stats for the current racer, current run data, and previous run data.
For racers and fans- access to www.1320go.com will make race data immediately available in your internet. Current race data on each run will be taken directly from the timing system and sent to the web. A history page will review previous races or races throughout the year. "Slopers" will be able to view the runs to see what their competitors are doing.
For lane and track sponsors- Internet visibility.
The tough part os the cost of this upgrade. By the time it is installed and in operation, our cost will be $18,350.00. For that reason, I would like any racers or the companies they work with that might be interested in helping sponsor this system to please contact us at the address below.

Let's see if we can make things work faster and better to have the 2012 season be the best race season in the last 48 years of racing at Alaska Raceway Park.

Sincerely,
Earl P Lackey, President
Alaska Raceway Park
3900 S English Bay Drive
Wasilla, AK 99654
(907) 376-1003 Office
Old 06-07-2012, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got this the other day also, that's pretty exciting for us up here. Hope it works well, especially for the 18k he spent on it