I need help !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help !!

I did a search and didn't find any direct answers so im posting up i know this might be a re post but all please post up your input.

I have a serious interest in buying a diesel. I was looking at chevys but since they are about to file chapter 11 i figured i should vear away since i want some kind of short warranty at the least.

So I'm looking at a dodge cummins. Looking like and 07 06 at the oldest.

My biggest concern is the TRANSMISSION of course since its a Chrysler. I know they have a rep for being bad but maybe they've improved????? please give me some input.....

Also is there any years or engines that i should avoid ?

Thanks for all your input !!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

My %0.2 if u want a chevy by a chevy. Gm aint going no where. They are doing what they are doing to increase there sales because people see they can get the trucks cheaper. The government aint gonna let Gm go anywhere.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

go with the cummins you will be much happier in the long run when the trans hold up fine if you drive itlike its meant to drive and i dont drive mine like its supposed to be i drive the hell out of mine and its still goin at 145xxx miles and its still goin strong but bout to get built to handle more power
Old 05-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Teching In

I think that you would be happy with your Cummins choice. I had 2 before I bought my current gasser Chevy. Both were excellent trucks and incredibly reliable.

I had a 24 valve and the latest was a 12 valve with 230k miles on it when I sold it. I had the head off for a leaky gasket and the cylinders still had very nice crosshatching after all those miles. I am a huge 5.9 cummins fan.

If you go as new as '07 you could be into the new 6.7 engine.

I'd still have the 12 valve but with it being a full crew cab with an 8 foot bed and dual wheels, it was a little too much truck for what I needed.

Good luck.

Dmaxes are very nice as well. I love the way my GM rides...