Cummins or Duramax???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 05:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Dmax. It's been a great truck to me. Back home I hauled 10K around everyday of the week like it was nothing. The Allison is a wonderful transmission especially with automatic grade braking. I have abused it to an extent and it's still holding its own. My cab is comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. It was nice in my 30 hour drive to AZ. I'm averaging 20-21mpg with a 100hp tune from EFI Live. That's a nice program the Dodge boys don't have, yet. I love the styling on my GMC and other GM trucks compared to Dodge. It feels like a tough truck even with IFS. Now however...as big as a GM fan I am, A Cummins powered Ram is still one hell of a truck. Dodge had it right and did something GM should have done...kept the 6-speed manual! Any Ram I have ever driven backed with an automatic transmission has always felt weak, but with a manual it's a different feel. The SAS setup is nice on the newer rams and is very controllable compared to earlier models. It's also a hell of alot cheaper to lift! Haha. The Cummins is a beast, no doubt. It's got the reputation backed with millions upon millions of miles. Not only in pickup trucks, but off road and class 8 applications also. Honestly, I think it comes down to personal preference anymore. They are both excellent trucks and do what they are supposed to do. It's just basically a choice whether you want an automatic in the GM or a manual in the Dodge.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 2008 cummins that tows a lightweight all aluminum sleb bed with 4 snowmobiles on it and a platform with two sleds on it in the pickup box. im getting on average 11mpg. and this is is montana so there isnt alot of around town driving. i hear its because of the new DPF so if i wer you, i wud get a cummins and buy the dpf delete kit to save you mpg. im going to get one soon