Notices
Classic Trucks '47-'98 GM Trucks - Performance | Conversions | General Discussion

OBS front suspension measurements and pics needed...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBS front suspension measurements and pics needed...

Working on a 95 Sierra RCSB, going 4/6 drop on it. Setting it up for 50/50 street/strip, will be starting a 6.0/turbo/4l80 swap in a couple of weeks.

I have a couple of ideas that are a little out of the normal with part of the front suspension.

I don't have access to the truck at the moment, could anyone get me some measurements and a couple of pictures?

I'm looking for:
-centerline of lower control arm mounts to centerline of lower balljoint measurement
-centerline of lower control arm mounts to centerline of lower shock mount
-overall length of shock compressed in a 4/6 drop using spindles and coils
-inside diameter of stock coil spring, and wat the ends of the spring look like (flat, coiled, pigtail, etc.). A picture of the ends of the stock spring would be awesome.
-a picture of the stock upper spring cup

Also curious if anyone knows of a tubular lower control arm that is based off of the factory lower control arm measurements (ie NOT a lowering control arm) that uses the factory style shock mount.

Everything I've found seems to be lowering control arms (which will not work for what I want to do) or control arms for airbags, which relocate the shock to outside where the factory coil is. I suppose I can modify a control arm designed for airbags to accept the shock mount in the factory location, but I have yet to verify that any of these control arms are based on factory control arm measurements and are not lowering control arms. Hope that makes sense, thanks in advance.

-wolfy
Old 07-23-2015, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be good info. Have you learned anything yet?
Old 08-19-2016, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for digging up an old thread, i don't get on here real often.

I couldn't find any tubular lowers that would work with what I needed outlined in the first post. We ended up lowering the truck about 6.5" (for now) front with DJM spindles, DJM upper control arms, and ViKing coilovers. I could drop it probably another 1.5-2" in the front with the coilovers, or raise it up another 2-2.5".

I may build some LCA's later on down the road based on stock dimensions, but stock lowers are what we have on it for now, probably end up painting them when we POR-15 the frame.

Now to find some wheels that will work on the rear the way we want it set up...what a pain in the ***, lol.