Central & Northern ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IL, MO, IA, KY, OH, IN, MI, WI

Milan Dragway Milan, MI Take 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 02:02 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

well i just recheck craigslist its not listed anymore, he has two motors hes trying to move im pretty sure he hasnt sold them yet, i know he is out of town till monday.

anyhow if your making a 408 this block is clean- he has all the stuff to make it a 370 i believe, the pistons just need rings i believe.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:30 PM
13 Second Truck Club

00gmc4.8
Lance has service again from his trip he still has that motor(s)

Lq4 bored +.030 with sealed power hypereutectic pistons.polished std. crank, stock heads. $1100 OBO

Or 2000 lq4 with 100k plus miles for somewhere around the same price
Old 08-03-2013, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well got my **** all torn apart at the moment. Hope to button up this intake swap and a few other things like the coil over conversion tomorrow, then schedule a dyno tune this week and then I'll be on the road and able to roll down to Woodward!
Really looking forward to meeting up with more truck guys. It can get old just rolling around solo.

Then we'll all have to try to coordinate a test n tune track day somewhere, especially as it starts cooling down next month. Really hoping to pick up some mph this season, cuz it seems my truck just hits a wall after the 1/8 and I'm just pushing a brick through the air with not enough power...
Old 08-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My truck should be done in a few weeks other then a tune I'd meet up with you guys
Old 08-03-2013, 08:35 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Well got my **** all torn apart at the moment. Hope to button up this intake swap and a few other things like the coil over conversion tomorrow, then schedule a dyno tune this week and then I'll be on the road and able to roll down to Woodward!
Really looking forward to meeting up with more truck guys. It can get old just rolling around solo.

Then we'll all have to try to coordinate a test n tune track day somewhere, especially as it starts cooling down next month. Really hoping to pick up some mph this season, cuz it seems my truck just hits a wall after the 1/8 and I'm just pushing a brick through the air with not enough power...

My truck runs and drives okay it needs a retune bad nelson has the tune locked and im afraid of asking for a unlocked pcm and getting it back and not be able to drive the truck due to not affording another 700 in tuning to make it right.

so it starts rough - drives good- pulls good until i reach more than 6 psi or past 60% throttle position. afr goes from 11.3 to 10.2-to rich just dumping fuel. it sucks
Old 08-06-2013, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by trxmxzx
My truck runs and drives okay it needs a retune bad nelson has the tune locked and im afraid of asking for a unlocked pcm and getting it back and not be able to drive the truck due to not affording another 700 in tuning to make it right.

so it starts rough - drives good- pulls good until i reach more than 6 psi or past 60% throttle position. afr goes from 11.3 to 10.2-to rich just dumping fuel. it sucks

$700 for tuning and it's not straight!?!??

I'll never again deal with tuning that isn't face-to-face and including dyno time.

Get ahold of TJ over at Baker Engineering Inc.
He's been SUPER helpful and very knowledgeable!
I'm going there next week for another dyno tune, find out how well this LSX-R upgrade runs.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:54 PM
13 Second Truck Club

well it started with basic tune-then i had to pay a extra 150ish back when i did the cam (extreme motor mods- he called it) which i said what ever back then- then seeing i had it already paid for this far i called him asking if he can do it- they said yes but not SD so i added the blower, called them up for a tune he charged another 100 for extreme mod- about 10 pcms have been shipped from 07 to now. back when i started this project he was able to read efilive files and convert it to hp tuners. but after i paid for this last update he cant read efilive anymore and now im breaking things down in a spreadsheet for him. its a pain in the ***. my plx wideband is not connecting to the computer anymore (dont know whats up with it)

but for the record though allen has help me out as much as he can- but i think its that time to change.

i talked to a guy at lingenfelter (which is down the road from my work) he said they take all there stuff to walsh performance out of wixom. so i talked to the guy there he said 125 a hr for dyno time and 100 for pcm license. he was thinking about 600 would get me okay- i want spot on reliable. so figure another hr of dyno time

where is this guy at?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by trxmxzx
well it started with basic tune-then i had to pay a extra 150ish back when i did the cam (extreme motor mods- he called it) which i said what ever back then- then seeing i had it already paid for this far i called him asking if he can do it- they said yes but not SD so i added the blower, called them up for a tune he charged another 100 for extreme mod- about 10 pcms have been shipped from 07 to now. back when i started this project he was able to read efilive files and convert it to hp tuners. but after i paid for this last update he cant read efilive anymore and now im breaking things down in a spreadsheet for him. its a pain in the ***. my plx wideband is not connecting to the computer anymore (dont know whats up with it)

but for the record though allen has help me out as much as he can- but i think its that time to change.

i talked to a guy at lingenfelter (which is down the road from my work) he said they take all there stuff to walsh performance out of wixom. so i talked to the guy there he said 125 a hr for dyno time and 100 for pcm license. he was thinking about 600 would get me okay- i want spot on reliable. so figure another hr of dyno time

where is this guy at?
Were you asking where BEI is at? It's over in Nunica, MI just north of Grand Rapids. Not a horrible drive.
I was getting sick of a couple of other overly egotistical pretentious shops around metro D that I had decent tunes from but seemed to be brushed off after I paid so they could get back to their vette customers that they were nonstop bragging about...., and I got a recommend from Luke (I forgot his username on here) to talk to TJ about a custom spec'ed cam, then decided to head over to him for a full rune as well and I've been so satisfied with his customer service that I just keep going back. TJ is Hellbents10 on here. They've built some fast ****, and I may consider them in the future if I ever get a fund together for a custom turbo setup.

Oh and also I've got a couple of friends who have had their cars street tuned by a guy who goes by Dr. Phil who they all swear by, but I have no first hand experience. Guy seems in high demand so scheduling might be difficult though...?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:49 PM
13 Second Truck Club

ya i dont miss that drive- you live in that area? i lived in rockford for a little while going to college.

The guy i talked to seemed to be willing to set me up but he did talk vettes alot. he said give him a month because hes that far behind- which makes me think rush tune ill get

"The car guys" shop by my house they had some cool stuff there ls2 with twin turbos on dyno but there rates were dumb. 575 for basic tune- 100 for license- 250 hr dyno.... i laughed at them and went about my way.

hellbents10 doesnt he have a turbo s10? sounds familiar- im playing catch up on names these days 4 years i havent been on much, i did mods and had my daughter so now i have some down time to read up.

is this dr phil guy in detroit area?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So just tossing the invite out for anyone in the area that's interested. Next Friday august 16th myself and a few other silverado ss guys are going to meet in the evening and do some cruising on Woodward for the dream cruise weekend events. If you want to join post up and I'll give a meet spot and time. Hope to see some of you out there.
Thanks, Josh

Quick Reply: Milan Dragway Milan, MI Take 2