WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

Print & use these cards

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 01:22 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation Print & use these cards

Some of you may have already seen something like this, but I just found them myself and thought I'd share. Instead of just walking away from a business displaying a "No Guns" sign, give that business owner/manager one of these cards so they see the negative impact of their sign.

http://www.ctrguns.com/wp-content/up...s_no_money.pdf
Old 11-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, though I'm not certain that the card applies to the two of us. For one, any resident of Wyoming that is capable of purchasing a hand gun may conceal it so long as they conceal it only in this state, less they have an actual permit. And two, no training is needed for a Wyoming citizen to CC unless they wish to get an actual permit. Granted, I don't know what part of Wyoming you live in, but I've yet to see a CC ban sign posted in my town.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc3521
Nice, though I'm not certain that the card applies to the two of us. For one, any resident of Wyoming that is capable of purchasing a hand gun may conceal it so long as they conceal it only in this state, less they have an actual permit. And two, no training is needed for a Wyoming citizen to CC unless they wish to get an actual permit. Granted, I don't know what part of Wyoming you live in, but I've yet to see a CC ban sign posted in my town.
That is whats known as a conscientious objector. While it may be legal to concealed carry, it doesn't make it any more permissible in the eyes of the business owner. So that card/notification is necessary. It needs to be made clear to businesses that a 'no weapons' policy can have unintended harmful consequences. Anyone who would walk away from a store that displayed that sign is almost certainly someone who would work in the defense of the store/business were some ill-willed person to come in armed...
Old 11-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by smokeshow
That is whats known as a conscientious objector. While it may be legal to concealed carry, it doesn't make it any more permissible in the eyes of the business owner. So that card/notification is necessary. It needs to be made clear to businesses that a 'no weapons' policy can have unintended harmful consequences. Anyone who would walk away from a store that displayed that sign is almost certainly someone who would work in the defense of the store/business were some ill-willed person to come in armed...
Very true.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:58 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc3521
Yes, Wyoming's CC laws are very similar to Alaska's. No permit is required to carry concealed here. But, if there is a sign posted "No Guns", then it is not permissible to carry (concealed or open) on that person's private property. We need to show those people the negative impact of their policy.

I've also never seen one of those signs here in Wyoming. But in the last couple of years, those signs have been posted at various businesses in Alaska.

I will probably get my CC permit here because it's recognized by 30 or more other states.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:30 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

in texas, tons of stores have the no gun sign...but it doesn't apply to CHL owners. they actually have to post the 30-06 law. I don't think many store owners realize this, so I carry into all of those places legally.

most stores have a sign that says unlicensed carrying is not permitted...which basically tells me the owner is pro carry. like it keeps the bad guys from coming in lol.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Out here in the Rock, I doubt we'll ever see anti-gun signs. Hell, half the Liberals out here are packing too.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
in texas, tons of stores have the no gun sign...but it doesn't apply to CHL owners. they actually have to post the 30-06 law. I don't think many store owners realize this, so I carry into all of those places legally.

most stores have a sign that says unlicensed carrying is not permitted...which basically tells me the owner is pro carry. like it keeps the bad guys from coming in lol.
Also, that 30-06 sign must use all 1 inch block letters or it is not valid. Every one I've ever seen was about size 18 font printed off microsoft word.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The no-gun signs in stores are meaningless. All they can do, if they discover you carrying, is ask you to leave. It's not a crime. Essentially, the ONLY place I will not carry is federal property.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Couldn't they press some sort of charges if they were so inclined? (and assuming their signs meet code)

Quick Reply: Print & use these cards