Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Question about tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about tuning!

A buddy of mine has a 99 Tahoe(old body style) with a 383 stroker! It has misfires on pretty much every cylinder, but 7 and 4 are the worst.. we did some logging with my Diablosport, and at idle it shows 24degrees advanced of timing.. I know that is by far way to high! I was wondering what you guys thought is the problem? We have tried doing plugs, wires, diff cap everything like that.. It has the old style distributor in it. We tried to move it a key in either direction today and it after we get it tightened down again, it doesn't want to run?? Please PM me if u have any advice on what could be the problem.

Thanx for your time, and if u need any other info, just ask and I will provide anything I can!

Vinny
Old 11-08-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 94lt105
A buddy of mine has a 99 Tahoe(old body style) with a 383 stroker! It has misfires on pretty much every cylinder, but 7 and 4 are the worst.. we did some logging with my Diablosport, and at idle it shows 24degrees advanced of timing.. I know that is by far way to high! I was wondering what you guys thought is the problem? We have tried doing plugs, wires, diff cap everything like that.. It has the old style distributor in it. We tried to move it a key in either direction today and it after we get it tightened down again, it doesn't want to run?? Please PM me if u have any advice on what could be the problem.

Thanx for your time, and if u need any other info, just ask and I will provide anything I can!

Vinny
Have you set the timing with the gun?