Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge

Old 11-26-2015, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge

What are everyone's thoughts, opinions and experiences with this set up? Looking at getting this to monitor the vitals on my new build. And if this is not most liked what wide band set is? Thanks for the input, I did use the search but only found a few old posts.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

I liked the gauge for normal reading of engine data, I always had it on a cycle of 8 different things while I was driving. Honestly I still think it's too much money for what you get, but no one else really offers something that size and easy to understand and use.

It sucks in the super cold and the super hot, the screen fades untill it warms up or cools down a little.

I'd get a seperate wideband for sure, I wouldn't want to use the Aeroforce as my wideband gauge. That way you can watch timing and KR at the same time on the AF, which is better use of what the gauge has to offer.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

I pretty much just wanted to be able too watch my AFR and Trans temp. But then I saw this and thought for the added values it can monitor that would be perfect and I would only need one gauge. Sorry for the stupid question but I'm still learning a bunch here, why is KR and timing more important to watch than AFR? I'm about to put in the new motor and want to make sure everything is as perfect as possible. Again the info is much appreciated.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

What I'm saying is that if you bought a aeroforce and wanted to add the wideband to it, then that takes away some of the gauges ability to do other things.

KR and timing are very important but so it watching air fuel ratio. I just prefer to have the AFR on it's own big gauge by itself so you can see it far better. Then you can use the aeroforce as the second gauge to watch other important data. You could even setup the aeroforce to blink when it see's KR or something like that.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Also, look at the cost.

The aeroforce itself is $250, then if you wish to buy the wideband kit for it thats another $189 ontop. You are at nearly $440 bucks for one single gauge.

You could buy the aeroforce and seperate wideband for a little cheaper and have 2 gauges. Then that leaves the aeroforce to do more things for you, like scanning/watching data while you drive.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

I see what your saying, that makes sense.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:39 AM
TECH Resident

Meh. I didn't think the aeroforce was that good a gauge The ScanGauge II is better IMHO.

Even better is get a bluetooth data port like this ... https://www.scantool.net/scan-tools/...H24aAg858P8HAQ

And you can monitor on your laptop or smartphone.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

I understand watching certain parameters like timing and knock retard are important along with others. Are those important for any build or high HP forced induction, turbo or nitrous builds? Mine is just a 370ci NA 11:1 compression daily driver truck that will probably make 450-460 whp. At first I was just wanting to watch my Trans temp and AFR. I don't have HP tunner or any way to make changes to my tune, and really have no idea what I would even be looking at with Knock retard and others. Just wanted to make sure I'm not too rich or too lean. With that said would the Aeroforce be fine for me or should I look at a stand alone wide band also? Also what is the difference between just a AFR gauge and a wide band AFR gauge? Sorry for all the questions still trying to learn all this stuff too.

Last edited by OHsixLS3; 11-28-2015 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Old 12-02-2015, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

No one else ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge