Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Who here runs the Holley Dominator EFI?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Who here runs the Holley Dominator EFI?

Been looking at the dominator system and I'm pretty impressed. I downloaded the software off of Holleys site and it looks awesome for any kind of power adder management.

I know heavychevy runs it from the thread started in the FI section on Tech. They posted up a log of his truck racing a nitrous corvette. After the vette got the hit, heavychevys fuel pressure dropped down to 43psi for the rest of the run. You can see the self learning/tuning feature in the software kick in and the injector duty cycle change to keep the engine safe. Pretty neat stuff. Also Steve Morris tunes Tom Bailys drag week camaro with it. Its cool to see anything from a street car to a full blown race car can be controlled with the holley.

Has anyone planned on upgrading from the stock pcm in our trucks?
Old 08-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I would have already bought it but i have to pass OB2 emissions, meaning basically they plug in the computer to see if you have codes. So unless i move it is not going to happen for me. Now if i build a racecar or older project car i am buying the dominator.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Probably gonna run the dominator on my car. Can't say I'm not curious how far you can push the stock pcm though.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I dont have any first hand experience with it but from what i have heard/read it appears awesome.

I heard that someone on the dyno cut the wire to a Nitrous fuel solenoid mid run and the computer compensated for the lack of fuel. If it is true, man that is awesome.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

We have it on a buddies twin turbo truck. I had it tuned to 10lbs in 20minutes. It's quick and easy to tune. I didn't even use the self tuning fuctions, I jut thought it was badass to drive around and make changes while your driving and automatically see the changes. It is some badass stuff. I highly suggest calling Steve Morris and buying it from them, they will help you setup the tune, and help you with any problem you have. I'm fixing to buy it for my nitrous truck and use the built in nitrous controller..
Old 08-18-2014, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

I only got to mess with it a few minutes before i took the truck apart, but have it on my syclone. I have no experience with hpt or efilive, but felt fairly comfortable with it pretty quickly. can download the software for free like mentioned and mess around with it, expensive but definitely well worth it in most circumstances imo..
Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Expensive is right but sure seems worth it with all the I/O's and control you have over every power adder. Boost, meth and nitrous controllers all in the same box. Plus all the safety you have when running on kill mode. Seems bulletproof.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

I figured it would be around $3000 for us LS guys to make the switch. Am I a bit high?
Old 08-20-2014, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm planning on running it on my truck with my new turbo build. I was able to check out hravychevy truck at the races a while back and talked with him about. He said it was well worth it for the money. Truck was hauling *** to. I actually called Holley and priced it bc they build it to your needs. It was a lil over 3 grand for the dominator all wiring, meth control, nitrous control and boost control. Badass setup!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:53 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

i thought that you could turn the key on a new build and let the entire tuning process happen on its own? what exactly are you guys having to do when you "tune" these things?

I was actually looking at the holley terminator EFI with the holley HP efi computer upgrade yesterday. it's more of a carburetor style setup. injectors built into a 4150 style carb/throttle body and a computer that does its own thing. i couldnt find any good examples of the unit in action though.

Quick Reply: Who here runs the Holley Dominator EFI?