Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Who here runs the Holley Dominator EFI?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
Haven't figured out how it will be set up, but the Holley activates the nitrous by tps, when I get on the trans brake I don't need the nitrous to activate untill I release the trans brake button.
do you plan to run a 2 step? the plan for my s10 was going to be to set the 2 step to whetever RPM it launches best and arm the nitrous window to activate 6-800 rpm above the 2step. with a converter my size it will basically be launching off the trans brake on the nitrous.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i see. getting into the FINE tuning. why not just run a dry kit through the dominator? nitrous solenoids on every corner of your crosshair. then you're only tuning by injectors and not some unmetered fuel being pumped through the intake. or possibly even better, a dry direct port??? just farting out thoughts at this point.
This is what I would do if you have the fuel system to handle it.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

i see. getting into the FINE tuning. why not just run a dry kit through the dominator? nitrous solenoids on every corner of your crosshair. then you're only tuning by injectors and not some unmetered fuel being pumped through the intake. or possibly even better, a dry direct port??? just farting out thoughts at this point.
Don't think I haven't thought about it lol.. Cheaper on fuel for me to just run c16 in a stand alone and 91/110 in the fuel cell
Old 08-21-2014, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

do you plan to run a 2 step? the plan for my s10 was going to be to set the 2 step to whetever RPM it launches best and arm the nitrous window to activate 6-800 rpm above the 2step. with a converter my size it will basically be launching off the trans brake on the nitrous.
Yea I could do that, it also has a nitrous rpm window as well
Old 08-26-2014, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill be running a big dry kit on another project with the dominator ECU FWIW
Old 09-19-2014, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oakley6575
I figured it would be around $3000 for us LS guys to make the switch. Am I a bit high?
Im a little late to this thread but when I priced it, it was even higher then that. That was figuring drive by wire, 4l80 control, low impedance injectors ect. I wanna say around 4500
Old 10-10-2014, 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just adding some more info for those who want it.

It's well worth it!

Doing a TT LSx, 80e, dbw, using the boost controller, meth icg. 5bar

I think the customer is a little over 3K, with all the harnesses, a few options and the wideband sensor.

Some of the trans controller options just make sense; you can tell it's more race inspired.

- note, 411 pcm in the 8's with no tuning issues; fyi
Old 10-10-2014, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelson Performance
just adding some more info for those who want it.

It's well worth it!

Doing a TT LSx, 80e, dbw, using the boost controller, meth icg. 5bar

I think the customer is a little over 3K, with all the harnesses, a few options and the wideband sensor.

Some of the trans controller options just make sense; you can tell it's more race inspired.

- note, 411 pcm in the 8's with no tuning issues; fyi

Thanks for the info. Seems like it would be worth it with all the features. But it seems like the dominator is the only way to go with all the I/Os
Old 08-08-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

so where is the best place to learn how to work this thing? I should have it installed this weekend.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Lol 4yrs later and i still dont have mine running, but im close i just started thumbing thru new startup tune file yesterday actually. Holley forums and all the previous questions has been where ive found most of my questions answered. And make sure you run the power&ground harness directly to the battery its important. Thats all the help im good for as of now..
also holley has some good videos on there youtube page about various stuff and how to’s

Quick Reply: Who here runs the Holley Dominator EFI?