Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

TSP stage 2 cam 2014 Silverado WOT Vvt tuning??

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 05:47 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by urdone
Thanks for your advice.
What compsny or who sells camshafts for this trucks and provide a base tune? I ask Texas speed for the WOT vvt tuning base Tune and they they do provide but never got it, after I got te cam kit I called to ask and they just say ask your tuner. 😑
You know I'm not really sure. I sort of just assumed if they were selling camshafts specifically for VVT, they'd have an idea of how the VE shifts as the cam moves. The only way to calibrate it now would be to work the VE table iteratively for your range of cam advance and/or retard and use something like HPTuners' virtual VE editor to generate the coefficients for you. Assuming you're just interested in max power at all RPM, to save time you could probably ignore gathering VE data for retarded cam angle at low RPM and advanced cam angle at high RPM. I would probably focus on IVC and plot out where I think I'll want the intake valve closed as it corresponds to engine speed. Then only calibrate the VE for those cam angles in their respective RPM ranges. I'd recommend actually getting some overlap in your data though, so you can account for cam phasing delay. For example if your cam is phased at -12° at 6000 RPM and your shift extension brings you to 5000 RPM where the desired cam angle is only maybe -4° and your cam is still advancing and only at -6°, you wouldn't want to have ignored that -6° cam angle in the VE and have the OEM values allow it to report a much smaller cylinder air mass. Less calculated cylinder air equals less fuel and more timing which could cause some problems. Hope that helps. Good luck.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Texas Speed VVT-1 camshaft package from those guys and they sent me a tune for it with my long tubes. those guy have been very helpful to me on everything ive bought, and ive purchased a lot of parts from them.