Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Stall won't lock up.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stall won't lock up.

Okay so the truck just got a freshly built transmission and when I drove it out of the shop all gears would kick in and the stall would lock up. Now I got some trouble codes for a malfunctioning solenoid and the fluid pressure. The stall wouldn't lock up. Now I took it to the transmission shop and he said it needs to be retuned so the stall can lock up, but I don't feel like throwing down 50$. I have a 6 month warranty with the transmission shop so should I just get him to replace it, because I don't think a retune would help.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If it didn't set those codes and locked up before being rebuilt it shouldn't set those codes and should lock up after being rebuilt.

You sure it locked up before? False misfires caused by a cam can prevent lockup. Regardless it shouldn't be setting any trans codes. Was the converter and cooler flushed with the rebuild? If not it could have put a bunch of trash back in the trans after driving it.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

What codes was it throwing?? A pressure code after a rebuild (with or without a stall) shouldnt come up.... Unless something is wrong... A bad manifold switch or a misplaced seal could be causing those issues!!
Old 05-13-2016, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
What codes was it throwing?? A pressure code after a rebuild (with or without a stall) shouldnt come up.... Unless something is wrong... A bad manifold switch or a misplaced seal could be causing those issues!!
It was fluid pressure codes. And malfunctioning solenoids.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
If it didn't set those codes and locked up before being rebuilt it shouldn't set those codes and should lock up after being rebuilt.

You sure it locked up before? False misfires caused by a cam can prevent lockup. Regardless it shouldn't be setting any trans codes. Was the converter and cooler flushed with the rebuild? If not it could have put a bunch of trash back in the trans after driving it.
I think you're right, it was also throwing fluid pressure codes, I dropped it off in the morning again so they could install the solenoids and fix whatever was wrong.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Okay so I got the truck back and the stall still won't lock up. I all went full throttle and it bounced off the rev limiter on the last gear. ���� I was so happy to get it back and it's acting up again. Well now I'm going to take it back to them Monday.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Sound slike something slipping if youre bouncing off rev limiter while shifting, which is either not enough pressure getting to it or a leak in the fluid circuit
Old 05-13-2016, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Yup, this sucks haha.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

A scanner will show if the PCM is commanding lockup. And stock programming doesn't allow WOT 3-4 shifting so unless that was changed in the tune that is normal. It also has nothing to do with TCC lock up.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Took it to my tuner, he used his computer to manuelly shift the truck and the truck still wouldn't lock up. Then on wot it began to slip. I hope these guys didn't do me dirty. He gave me a 6 month warranty so I'm taking it back on Monday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stall won't lock up.