Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

P0172 & P0175? system too rich

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

I have both. My personal preference is EFI live. I still have yet to learn the enine side of tuning. I started a little bit but never really played with it long enough.

IMO, people go to HP tuners because of the price. Of course that's just my opinion. I have a harder time navigating through it and finding certain things.

The licensing structure is not as good. Let's say you locked in a PCM. You swap it and need to change the OS and correct the Vin number. Guess what , you now have to license the new file... with EFI the licence is locked to internal coding in the PCM file that can not be changed with standard software. You can change things as many times as you want at no additional cost.

Thanks to a hack tuner, I lost 4 credits and bricked 2 ECU's because he didn't know what he was doing and I was trying to help a friend. They hack tuner had to locate a matching ECU and Trans module and then flash it and send it out.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I have been wanting to learn more about tuning, and reading af ratios, etc as its the area im weakest in, always looking to expand my knowledge and it would help with diags at work too! Been looking at hptuners and efi live and the whole credit system was bit confusing. But that makes no sense if you're programming a 2nd pcm for the same vin, why would you need a new credit for it? thats ridiculous! at present ive got 3 vehicles i own that i wanna tune plus my ex's suburban im tired of listening to her about the vlom leak thats causing her oil pressure light to come on and want to delete the dod on her truck altogether was fixed by dealer just before her warranty ran out and it started screwing up again less than 6 months later.... How does efilive work As far as per vin credits or whatever?
Old 09-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Efi Registers the pcm on internal serial numbers that don't get changed when you flash the os or change the vin.

HP tuners Is by the file. Supposedly they are working on changing/Fixing that.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Would be nice if they would make it to where if you have say 3 or 4 07 5.3s you can buy a group license for that engine group whether it was tahoes, suburbans or silverados i know there are slight differences in em all but there cant be that much between em, im getting ready to trade my 13 silverado in on a tahoe had another youngin 3 weeks ago and well, i need the extra seats.... But im already thinkin about deleting dod when i get it, just to save time and frustration later but if i knew i could just get a license for the 07 5.3 trucks id go that route and end up saving $$ in long run over having to send pcm to be tuned initially...or having to buy a hand held for each that would delete it through pcm... Not to mention time it would save... Wishful thinking i guess!! Thanks for the info!!
Old 02-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboy Tom
I've got a 2008 Silverado 5.3L (FFV & AFM) it has been throwing a P0175 and P0172 codes for a few months now, "bank1/bank2 system too rich" I have determined my tune is not causing the code but it does make it come on more often, the tune is the only performance mod on the truck so far. and last night while "racing" down the interstate the MIL light started flashing, (yes I know what that means) so I took it easy the rest of the way home and as soon as I got home I scanned the codes and it said 6 codes, but it was just P0172 and P0175 showing up 3times each,

Also it obvious its running rich, I polished my chrome exhaust tip last week and its already black again, and I'm talking about on the outside of the tip not the inside
Thanks for any help, info, or suggestions

i had the same codes on my 07 yukon with a 6.2 and it ended up being my EVAP purge solenoid. Replaced it and now it good