Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Need help with bcm

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with bcm

I'm having troubles with my body control module sometimes all the gauges from the speedometer don't want to work. 2003 Silverado
Sometimes they turn on and sometimes they don't, I really don't know what can cause this. Maybe a bad ground? Or do I need to replace the Bcm? Help!
Old 10-19-2016, 09:00 PM

Most likely isn't the BCM. 03-05's are plagued with IPC concerns. Bad stepper motors and circuit board failures. Also, check the ignition voltage at the cluster. Could be a switch problem also.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:04 PM

So you don't think it had nothing to the with the bcm?
Like the whole cluster don't turn on nor the gauges . Only thing that stays light up is the check engine thing . But I had that on before this happened . Like this whole weekend everything was off then Monday it turned on one time then it hasn't turned on since that day. Like it had this problem sorta before if this happened I used to tap on the cluster and everything will turn back to normal and I've tried tapping it and still nothing

I've changed the gauges motors last year and the lights from the cluster too
Old 10-19-2016, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds like a power supply to the cluster, or whatever loose connection you were fixing tapping on it finally gave up completely...
Old 10-20-2016, 05:36 AM

If the only light you have on is the SES light, you have a bad cluster. You may have replaced the motors and bulbs, but this most likely is a cold solder joint problem at the circuit board. I've replaced hundreds upon hundreds of these
Old 10-20-2016, 08:00 AM

Like the gauges lights still turn on. But the rest doesn't.. You think that's the problem??