Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Hydroboost Coversion Left Over Connections

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydroboost Coversion Left Over Connections

Finished the hydroboost conversion on 07 tahoe LTZ still have the vaccum boost connections left over. Now getting service brakes soon dic. Trying to figure out how to bypass these connections. One is yellow, orange and grey. The other is separate purple with white stripe and a tan wire that plugs into vaccum boost. Not sure where to go with this any help be great.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright, let's throw some **** at the wall and see what sticks...

Try and jumper out the Grey and Orange wires.
This is giving the EBCM back its full 5 volt reference signal

If that dosn't work, try and jumper out the orange and yellow with a black stripe
This will give the EBCM back its low reference aka ground

The next thing I can think of is to install the sensor and connect it to a vac port to your intake to give it a real vac signal.

Try that and let me know.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

If anyone else can help me and measure a few things to help solve this problem.

First I need the orange wire voltage to ground on a non-hydroboosted truck without the "Service Brakes Soon" message.

Also the resistance across a power brake booster to simulate a connection.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2017, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

What do the 2500s do with the signals? im sure the nnbs 2500s have hydroboost and have to see most of the same information... really too bad there isnt a programmer/tuning program for ebcm, bcm, etc to be able to go in and modify the calibrations on them... i know that a lot of different vehicles use the same modules with different calibrations to activate different options on the different powertrains and other options, hydroboost v vacuum boost, for jnstance.... i know for a fact a denali bcm calibration will allow the tu/td to control a 6l80 in an originally 4l60 equipped vehicle, and as far as i can tell there is a different calibration for the powertrain control side of the bcm... all things being equal there has to be a way to crack into a module other than the ecm/tcm
Old 03-19-2017, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry rabt over what do you need, i can probably take some measurements tomorrow...