Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Contacting Wheatley for another Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contacting Wheatley for another Tune?

Wheatley did a tune on my 06 z-71 a while back and ive since put 4.56 gears in my truck and need another tune for gear change. How can I get in touch with him? I know he is busy and I have left a couple vm's for him. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Default wheatley tune

I ordered a tune from him last week and i cant get ahold of him either ive heard hes getting harder and harder to get ahold of. Ive sent him 3 emails so far hopefully he will get back soon!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

FWIW, most tuners that I have exchanged emails with have been difficult to get responses from. They are barraged with emails all day long. It's not really an excuse but it is reality for these guys. They tend to focus on the urgent ones first. All of these guys have told me to call them if I need to get in touch with them right away. One of the guys has even admitted to me that if they are doing in-person tuning, they will prioritize that first before answering emails and remote tuning. I ended up having to go to another tuner to assist me (I needed help with SD tuning). I am the kind of person who would rather teach myself a new skill than sit and wait around for someone to get around to me. Obviously thats not everyone. I don't know Wheatley but I'm sure he deals with the same overload of work. Maybe these tuners need some assistants to help sort messages and contact customers and potential customers. I have personally been very pleased with the work that Zippy has done for me. He definitely falls into the category of email overload, but he has always been available by phone and has sent me updated files within a day of sending scan logs.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 AM

I'm sure he is busy, I need to find out if my tune he did is locked and i will go with something else if needed. Wheatley did my tune I have now and i was happy with it. I have changed gears to 4.56 and need him to re-tune or find out if my tune is locked or not.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM

what email do yall have for Wheatley?

CHARLIE@GOWHEATLEY.COM
Old 02-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Try vortec350@gmail.com I used to communicate with him like this.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the wheatley tunes I've seen have been locked.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KK07VMAX
Try vortec350@gmail.com I used to communicate with him like this.
This one works. I never have a problem getting in touch with him using that email. Usually have a reply shortly or no later than the end of the day. Sometimes people do take time off though and are not available.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hoythunter02
I'm sure he is busy, I need to find out if my tune he did is locked and i will go with something else if needed. Wheatley did my tune I have now and i was happy with it. I have changed gears to 4.56 and need him to re-tune or find out if my tune is locked or not.
I was going to get a mail order tune from him until he told me he locks the tune.I was afraid i wouldn't be able to get in touch with him if i had a problem.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 PM

Thanks. I sent an email to the vortec address.

Quick Reply: Contacting Wheatley for another Tune?