Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Holley Dominator ECU?

Old 08-27-2015, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Stock PCM vs. Holley is like shovel Vs back hoe for digging a big hole! lol, they will both get the job done, but which would you rather use?!!

I had a Holley Dominator system all bought for a project truck I was gonna build, then the motor, trans and a bunch of other stuff for the truck got stolen . Took the wind out of my sail for it so I sold the truck and the Holley. I though about keeping it for the next build but figured by the time I go around to another project, they might have a better unit out or revised version.

We did use it on my Buddies truck and it made tuner out of him with no real tuning experience!

I think I'm gonna go with a non-intercooled turbo blow through carb on my new project 69 c-10 5.3/th350 just to be different. If I'm not happy playing with that, then it will get a Holley on it for sure!!
Old 08-27-2015, 12:18 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Don't they have their little racepack thing that does all that?
Old 08-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Stock PCM vs. Holley is like shovel Vs back hoe for digging a big hole! lol, they will both get the job done, but which would you rather use?!!

I had a Holley Dominator system all bought for a project truck I was gonna build, then the motor, trans and a bunch of other stuff for the truck got stolen . Took the wind out of my sail for it so I sold the truck and the Holley. I though about keeping it for the next build but figured by the time I go around to another project, they might have a better unit out or revised version.

We did use it on my Buddies truck and it made tuner out of him with no real tuning experience!

I think I'm gonna go with a non-intercooled turbo blow through carb on my new project 69 c-10 5.3/th350 just to be different. If I'm not happy playing with that, then it will get a Holley on it for sure!!
exactly why ppl love the holley. it makes everyone look like they know what they are doing with a pcm

its to easy to sit back and let the holley tune it for themselves vs learning the actual ins and outs of tuning
Old 08-27-2015, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Don't they have their little racepack thing that does all that?
yup, three different sizes even. im going to use one for all of my gauges
Old 08-28-2015, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just saw your injector thread and that reminded me that you can run either high or low impedance injectors with the holley, or both! big plus for me...
Old 08-28-2015, 09:38 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayedenali
HOLLEY FOR ALL!!!!

via Imgflip Meme Maker
i wish! i'm looking into the dominator EFI for my 69 camaro. nearly 3k to have it controlling the motor and trans. DAMN!

i'm no tuning guru. i know enough to break **** lol. that's why i LOVED the carburetor with a wideband. all i had to worry about was air, fuel and spark. too damn easy! there are just too many damn tables in efi/hp for me to memorize and screw up. Kyle, i think you'll love the blow through setup. make sure to spend you money on a good carb though. too many people get discouraged with the cheap knock off blow through carbs.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:44 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like they have a 5.7" touchscreen or the 7" Digital Dash. It can also interface with Racepak(different company). And you can run their universal LCD gauges off of it. The Terminator info page says, "Optional Race Dash coming soon." So not sure if they are referring to the Digital Dash or something that is still coming.

Crappy skinny videos but...

Attached Thumbnails Holley Dominator ECU?-holley-gauge.jpg   Holley Dominator ECU?-holley-digital-dash.jpg   Holley Dominator ECU?-holley-5-point-7-inch-touchscreen.jpg   Holley Dominator ECU?-racepak-iq3.jpg  

Last edited by DrX; 08-28-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i wish! i'm looking into the dominator EFI for my 69 camaro. nearly 3k to have it controlling the motor and trans. DAMN!

i'm no tuning guru. i know enough to break **** lol. that's why i LOVED the carburetor with a wideband. all i had to worry about was air, fuel and spark. too damn easy! there are just too many damn tables in efi/hp for me to memorize and screw up. Kyle, i think you'll love the blow through setup. make sure to spend you money on a good carb though. too many people get discouraged with the cheap knock off blow through carbs.
Yeah, a good blow through carb is about a grand plus I got to buy a couple hundred dollar hat or try and build something... Still haven't talked myself into the carb, might still do the Holley, ...
Old 08-28-2015, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

C&S make some good blow thru carbs as well
Old 01-18-2017, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by holley.com
Speed density, Alpha-N, Alpha-N Combination, and VE fueling strategies – Tuner has the option to select from a variety of load sensing strategies to meet their engine requirements or tuning preference
I don't know what this means, I am wondering if the Dominator uses MAF. Another question concerns sensors that both the stock PCM and the Dominator need. The only one that I can think of, when the PCM is controlling everything besides the engine, is ECT. Could it be piggybacked, or would another sensor need to be added? What else would need sharing in a setup that the stock PCM is controlling the trans?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Holley Dominator ECU?