Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Help reduced engine power but I put a blower on it lol

Old 09-04-2015, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help reduced engine power but I put a blower on it lol

Ok guys I'm in need of someone's knowledge please if you don't have an answer or know what I'm dealing with please don't lead me in the wrong direction it's been almost 2 years since I drove my truck and I want to get her on the road so here is what I have and what I have did to it

I have a 2003 SSS put a d1sc procharger with a 3.5 pulley fast lsxrt with fast fuel rails with a ls3 90mm TB 1000cc injectors with a stealth 340 pumping it all comp cam and spring and hardened push rods e fan upgrade with 1 7/8s American racing headers I think that's everything some you might not need to help me but just wanted to throw it out there and now comes the issue we can get it to start up and idle pretty good but we have no throttle the code reads p2135 from what i have researched it looks like a faulty ground I do have the hood of but I doubt that's the issue but I'm willing to try whatever also I relocated the battery to the bed but I don't think that's the issue either but if you have any suggestions please help me out thanks
Old 09-04-2015, 03:29 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is this the first time time it has been run since all this was added? Is the battery good? Check engine harness ground connection at top/right, rear of block. What version X-Link do you have?
Old 09-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah it the first time we had started the battery is good. I will check the harness and the x link is one of the newest ones they made and my buddy has a 6.0 and I plugged my xlink and TB in on his truck and it worked flawlessly so I know it's something on my truck wrong
Old 09-04-2015, 09:28 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

P2135 has to do with the APPS/TPS/TAC Module. Check the wiring from the Tac module on the firewall behind the fuse box to the throttle body. The ones ive fixed usually end up being "broken" wires right by the throttle body connector. Do a wiggle test on the TB harnes with a scanner hooked up and see if anything changes.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

Ok thanks a lot
Old 09-08-2015, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

Ok I checked the wire nothing broke everything's plugged in good so I unhooked the battery about 30 mins hooked it back up and I had some codes cleared them and all was good TB worked perfect and everything thing was great intill the next day it did it again had to unhook the battery and do that all again and it was fine until I shut the key all the way off it resets the code and I have to unhook the battery again any ideas
Old 09-08-2015, 07:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you elaborate on this a little. When do you get this code? Do you just start it up and get it after a couple minutes of it idling? If you do, do you get it when KOEO after the same amount of time? Do you get it when going WOT?
Old 09-09-2015, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

I get the reduced engine power message is there as soon as I turn the key on anythin I switch my truck off and take the key out and then try and start it again it comes on now if I unhook the battery for 30 seconds and then hook it back up and turn the key on it will be there but I can clear it with my scanner and everything works fine TB opens 100% but if I shut it off and try and start it back up I have the reduced engine power message on my dash and my TB will not open but maybe a 1/16 of an inch
Old 09-09-2015, 10:58 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you switch the key on, clear codes and operate the throttle without disconnecting the battery? REP will be triggered if either TPS signal goes below .35V. Minimum values are seen when the blade is fully closed, which usually only occurs at the key-on test.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you move the tb blade any? Or drop it? Try cleaning tb and putting it back on see what up. But don't move blade by hand or it will mess it up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help reduced engine power but I put a blower on it lol