Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Help!!! No start problem for days now

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Help!!! No start problem for days now

I'm about to push my truck off in a lake I'm so tired of messing with it honestly, but please bear with me as this is long.

Anyways this no start condition started as an intermidit starting problem about a week ago. I had drove it early in the day and it had been fine forever until that night. Well I go to start it a few hours later and it just cranked. All the fuses and relays checked good and I unhooked the neg. battery cable and checked the ignition switch on the steering column and it was kinna lose so I wedged something in there to make it tight and it still didn't start right away but about 10 mins later it started just fine. The next day it started fine and then left me stranded a gas station and after messing with relays and unplugging stuff and wiggling wires, taking the key in and out a billion times and taking of the battery cable it started after about 30 mins so idk what I did that fixed it. The next day I replaced the fuel filter after it wouldn't start again at my house and it fired right up so I assumed I fixed it. Wrong. It left me at Walmart except this time I had to get it towed and it hasn't started since. So far I believe it's in some security mode bullshit. I've got power going into the PCM, but no power going out for the ignition system. If I jump the relay for th fuel pump, the pump comes on to 50+ psi at the rails but no start. Hooked up a scanner and it's getting no ignition voltage. All the fuses are good for it and it has power at the fuse box but the fuel pump and ignition refuse to come on and we've checked all the grounds and resistance through the circuits so I'm thinking its in a passlock so if anybody has any ideas please let me know cause I'm losing my damn mind trying to figure this one out and I don't have tuning software btw.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Is it cranking the starter?
Old 05-04-2016, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Yes it is
Old 05-04-2016, 10:11 PM

You said fuel pressure is "50+" they can be finickey with less than 58 but should atleast start and idle like crap. If the pump primes with key on, id be looking at the crank position sensor or cam position sensor. Have you checked to see if youre getting spark?
Old 05-04-2016, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

I'm not getting any spark, and no injector pulse either. The pump doesn't prime. I just checked the fuel pressure one more time after jumping the relay and pressurizing the rails manually and it was at 58psi. It cranks but it's like the entire ignition system is locked out besides the starter.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:17 PM

Got a spare crank position sensor to try? Or do you have scanning software?
Old 05-04-2016, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

My buddy has a snap on scanner we've been using, im not sure yet, I can probably find one. Do you think that could be it?

Thanks for the help so far
Old 05-04-2016, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

The scanner shows its getting to like 160 rpms with it cranking
Old 05-04-2016, 10:42 PM

Tried swapping ignition relay with another?
Old 05-04-2016, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, exact same result. The gas gauge isn't working either and I have 3/4 of a tank..the trucks been flawless for 287k miles so idk what could've suddenly gone so wrong.

Quick Reply: Help!!! No start problem for days now