Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

help needed with tuning over diablo tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed with tuning over diablo tune

I have a 2015 sierra that has had a diablo base 87 tune on it for a while now but I was going to take it off to get rid of it for different tune and to adjust for bigger tires and it wouldn't come off.

​​​​​​​I had saved the stock ecm and tcm files on my computer and reset the diablo intune and refiled the stock tunes and it still didn't work. So the main question is can the diablo software be written over by another tune such as efi live or hp tuners? Or will I have to get a new ecm if I want to tune again?
Old 01-04-2017, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I started out with a Diablo can tune then had a guy tune my truck with Hptuners. He messed everything up and I then had BBP tune the truck with Efi live. My factory tune was lost but they were able to tune the the truck regardless. So it can be done. May want to contact Diablo and see what they say. They were very helpful for me via email when i was trying to get some things figured out.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Thank you I appreciate the help! And i had talked to them and they helped me reset the tool and everything but it still wouldn't recognize the truck and I feared if I messed with it too much that the ecm would lock up and I would have to have it replaced
Old 01-05-2017, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

If you want your factory tune back you can have the dealership reinstall it. I checked here and it was $150 but if your just getting a custom tune I would not mess with it. You may want to PM Atomic on this forum he does custom tuning with hp tuner. I am waiting to see if he is going to become an hptuners dealer then buy hp and custom tune from him. Will probably get a discount. Currently have a Black Bear tune and am not satisfied with it. I think atomic will take the time to really get it dialed in. He is a vendor on this forum AFP.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Ok that is some good info to know! I'm not sure what I want to do yet but I think I want to get it retuned for my larger tires and everything and I was thinking blackbear but now you have me reconsidering. What year is your truck is it a Gen V?
Old 01-05-2017, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

I have an 09 5.3 turbo charged. So tuning is a little more complicated. BBP did an ok job tuning but that's it just an ok job. Communication is difficult you send an email and they respond about 2 weeks later. If I asked 3 questions in the email only 1 would be answered so I would have to ask again and wait 2 weeks for another response. Its a little frustrating. Don't want to give the impression they did a horrible job just that there process is very slow and annoying. Might be a different for you if you don't have any major modifications to the truck. If you have no engine modifications and are not FI I think its Silverado/sierra forum that swears by a diablew tune. Might be the way to go if you already have the diablo tuner. Good luck