Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

E-fan issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem solved. I copied the settings from another file. And couldn't load the tune. It kept timing out every time I tried to write the file. Googled the problem I was having and three problems came up first was the battery second was the wiring to the battery. And the third was aftermarket radio adapters. Ended up pulling the fuse for the radio and nothing. Next I pulled the radio out and everything connected to it. Finally it worked. I've read that those iPod adapters and door chime adapters are a problem when trying to write a file. Never the less it's finally working and I'm happy as **** that it is! Only thing that sucks is if I want to tune the truck I have to pull all that stuff out.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good troubleshooting. Glad you got it sorted.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My truck has that problem too, when I write tunes I pull the radio fuse.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Had the same issue, I just wired in a loop switch into the chime wire behind the dash, and hid the switch under the console. Now when I tune, I just have to flip the switch to write to the PCM. Saves a ton of time.