Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

B2961 code. WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B2961 code. WTF?

I tried looking this up and running a search so dont gimme no **** about using the search button . Im getting this code on HP tuners.

B2961 - Unknown (History) (Immature)

I assume B2 means my O2 sensor bank 2 right? I looked up 61 and that meant faulty signal to O2 sensor. But i want to make doubly sure that its the O2 sensor itself rather than the wiring (signal/wiring you know.... )
Old 09-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was talking to Ken in email about other stuff and he said...

Originally Posted by Ken @ HPT
The B and U codes are normal, and they show up during the programming process when other modules cant talk to the VCM. We added reading other module codes recently which is why you never saw them before (but they have always been there).
Old 09-27-2006, 05:13 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Circuit Description
The body control module (BCM) monitors the ignition key alarm switch. When the key is in the ignition, the ignition key alarm switch is closed (signal circuit is low). When the key is not in the ignition, the ignition key alarm switch is open (signal circuit is high).

Basicly its a code for your key in ignition buzzer malfunctioning
Old 09-27-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

B codes are for the body control module. P is for powertrain. I forgot the other one. Im pretty sure o2 sensors are under P.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can send you the flow chart for it if you want!!
just let me know
Old 09-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Figured it out. The shitty GM Tech (no offense to GM techs that do good work) Left my ignition unlock wire in the way of my shifting lever and the lever pinched the wire so much that it cut it. Hence the reason when i take my key out of the ignition, it no longer Unlocks my door! WTF? What kind of **** is that?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:25 PM

how did you fix this issue i have the same problem on my truck im not sure what to do?
Old 02-23-2023, 01:41 PM

Default 2961

Originally Posted by bigbadwolf54
Circuit Description
The body control module (BCM) monitors the ignition key alarm switch. When the key is in the ignition, the ignition key alarm switch is closed (signal circuit is low). When the key is not in the ignition, the ignition key alarm switch is open (signal circuit is high).

I also have this problem but mine is running and showing key circuit open so I guess this not good. So how do I fix this code
I’ve recently rebuilt this motor and having these electrical issues with radio not functioning and fuel pump not prime and fuel gauge not displaying correctly and etc so I believe when I fix this all of these things shall improve. Thanks new to hear but. Even around block and trained in fine art of auto repair by hard knocks
Old 02-23-2023, 01:43 PM

Default 2961

Originally Posted by bigbadwolf54
Circuit Description

Originally Posted by Mr mike
I’ve recently rebuilt this motor and having these electrical issues with radio not functioning and fuel pump not prime and fuel gauge not displaying correctly and etc so I believe when I fix this all of these things shall improve. Thanks new to hear but. Even around block and trained in fine art of auto repair by hard knocks
no buzzer is working sometimes I don’t hear it or not paying attention to it , idk but how can I fix this code