Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

6L80 Tune - Silverado vs Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6L80 Tune - Silverado vs Corvette

Hello everyone,

I am curious to know if they are different or not.
Has anyone ever compared the stock Tune for the same year 6L80 of a Silverado to a Corvette?
Old 11-09-2016, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

They are a lot different and depending on the year of the calibration, even more different.

Corvette/Camaro/CTS-V and G8 tunes have very different settings for shift speed, shift pressure, gear ratio, pressure presets and so on. Most of them come from being in a car vs. a truck. Trucks and SUV's being far far heavier require different shift speeds and pressures to prevent clunking/slamming into gear and can't shift as fast because the weight of the vehicle puts way more stress on the transmission.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you.

And another question then. I'm asking it because I have read where Truck owners have put a Corvette 6L80 in their truck.

What do people with a truck do, or have to do, when they use a Corvette 6L80 in their truck?

Based on what you posted early my guess would be that they would have to tune the Corvette 6L80 to operate like the Truck trans did - before they replaced it.

But would they also have to change out all the sensors and anything else I have no clue about?
Old 11-09-2016, 08:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Theres 0 difference from the internals of a vette tranny to that of your truck. It's all in the tuning. As stated above day and night difference in tune from truck to vette and the truck won't respond the same way as the vette does even if you copied all of the applicable vette tables into the truck tune.

If you did a full flash for a vette tune into the truck it will not communicate with several modules set all kinds of codes and trans wont shift. Same TCM completely different OS and calibrations