Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

2011 Denali Hesitation during shifts

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Denali Hesitation during shifts

Hi guys, I picked up an 2011 Denali. Love the truck but the performance of the shifting is a bit crazy. I have HP tuners (I have a 2011 Supercharged SS) and was going to mess with the TM, but in reading it seems like TM is not the issue, ...its a throttle issue. I am a little overwelmed with info on tuning as its all over the place. Is there a link to resolve the issue I'm experiencing. Truck almost feels like trans is slipping and when it shifts it kind of loads up and then shifts?

Thanks!

Bobby
Old 12-26-2016, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor and resettings the transmission shift adpats with the HPT scanner?

If it still does it past that it's time to start tuning. You can easily make the transmission shift better and cleaner without removing much at all of the transmission TM. Being a heavy *** truck you can't remove much in the first place unless you want it to buck and slam gears on you.