Click here to visit LS1Tech
Click here to visit Performance Trucks
Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech
Click here to visit Modern Hemi

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums  

Go Back   PerformanceTrucks.net Forums > GENERAL MOTORS SPECIFIC FORUMS > Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryUsed CarsGarageStore
Welcome to PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Trader Rating: 0
Teching In

Send a message via AIM to milkman331
Default 2008 GMC Sierra 5.3, Misfire Problems

Hey Guys ,
I have an '08 GMC Sierra and noticed it running rough and I cant figure out if its the Coil and or the wire thats giving it a misfire on Cylinder #6, I put in E3 plugs about 1500 miles ago and just recently starting to have the "misfire"

Thanks
milkman331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to Suburbazine

the multi-electrode plug is probably the problem. The OE coils do NOT drive multipoint plugs well- I would recommend putting a stock AC Delco in #6 and seeing what happens. If you really want multi-point plugs, you need MSD coils.

Contrary to what Bosch and E3 would lead some to believe, the multipoint plug is not a miracle in a box. You are limited by coil output. The advertisement can state maximum spark power = max engine power/efficiency, but that's a bunch of hoopla on OE coils.

If you really think it's the coil or wire that is the problem, just switch the whole coil and wire to #5.
Comp 218/222 114+4LSA .600 lift cam w/ full valvetrain upgrade
Ported | Polished | Milled .050" 862 heads
4L80E conversion, shift kit, various upgrades
Vigilante 4600 triple disc

Last edited by Suburbazine; 08-19-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Suburbazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
Staging Lane

E3 plugs blow I burnt a set up in about 3000 miles got a random missfire code at high RPM I fell for the E3 bullshit for about 1 month get them out they are dangerous. when I say burnt Im talking the groud strap was completely gone on cyl. number 8
NNBS silvy ext cab z71 5.3 ly5, 4.10,160 stat, hp tuners, obx headers, dual 3in exhaust, stock delco wire, ngk tr7 plugs , ported tb, tt3000,vette servo, 4th servo, tru-cool 40, adding to the list tvs 1900, banks ram-air kit. 3.0 pulley at 11psi snow brothers methanol injection.
tallbluslpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
Teching In

Send a message via AIM to milkman331

I just wanted to let you Guys know that the E3 Plug is the problem in the #6, I replaced the plug and i will put stokers back in. I got them for FREE so its not like I bought them. What would you suggest as far as minor/good performance mods ??? I did a throttle body spacer and Cold Air Intake , exhaust is next and wondering what would be suggested ????
milkman331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:39 PM
PerformanceTrucks
Ford F150

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2008, 53, chevrolet, cold, cyl2, cylinder, fourms, gmc, location, misfire, problems, random, rough, runs, sierra, sierre