Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

2007 Tahoe lsa swap e38 ecm mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe lsa swap e38 ecm mods

So got the lsa and using the map that it came with on it as saw some other swapped to a 2 bar and trying to find out how much stuff I need to change in the tune so it will be using everything correctly for the supercharger. This episode does have the ability to add a supercharger to the program guessing it is used with somethings Ike the gtp maybe as have no idea what v8 was factory supercharged in 2007 other then the v6 stuff or maybe cobalt 4 cylinders. So maybe I don't even need to mess with that and why I am asking. If someone has a base tune I can use for hp tuners that would be great. I am really good with it once I know the direction as I have had to retune my 2013 ats 2.0t for larger turbo and other mods and some well with it among many other cars and setups dating back to tunercat and chips. Just need help in the right way of doing this setup. I did see some stuff on the hp site for some supercharged trucks and SUVs but most are all 06 and earlier not the same Ecm listed in their write up. So decided to ask here as so many guys have done this swap already.
Thanks
Old 11-13-2016, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Just change the MAP linear and offset settings for the MAP sensor you are using. Change any injector information if you changed those too.

Either switch to a speed density setup or use the MAF still, on a GEN 4 computer you could do either.

Past that will be just regular tuning, tune the VVE and MAF sensor like normal.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:47 AM
Staging Lane

Since the lsa uses the same type ecm when I do a compare it matches up about damn perfect can I use the maf linear and offset from that? Also looking over some tunes my truck has 36lbs in all injector cells on that table where say an 09 caddy lsa has anywhere from 36 down low to 60 up top in the table. Never seen it done like that where they used other value than what size they actually are running. So confused me what they are trying to do there. I got stock lsa injectors so thought 56lbs would be in all cells.
Thanks
Old 11-14-2016, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

Forgot I also saw in the os you can change the map to not just read vacuum but vacuum and boost didn't seem like the 09 lsa tune had that but I may be wrong so change that setting to for the os? Thanks
Old 11-14-2016, 10:38 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

GM changed the way the IFRs are displayed in the tune with the E38/E67 controllers. Assuming the fuel pump is regulated in the tank with no manifold reference, the 400-484 KPA range is for an NA engine. With boost, IFR values below 400 will be accessed. Subtract the the boost KPA from 400. So 50 KPA boost will hit the 350 KPA injector IFR value. A flat IFR line would suggest a manifold referenced fuel pressure regulator.

If you run an 2-bar SD/MAF combination, you should edit the 2 bar VVE table so it generates the proper coefficients.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Which is weird due to seeing this on my 07 Tahoe that has no manifold reference that I know of as sure isn't on the rail. What about the factory lsa map? I thought they are 3 bar maybe I am wrong. I got a new zl1 lid and has all new sensors in it already so no point in changing it unless recommended. Thanks
Old 11-15-2016, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone got a tune I can compare to? Or is the stock lsa a good place to start ? Would think wa rich on a little 5.3.