Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

06 4.8/4l80 swap harness connectors help!

Old 01-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No it didn't. What would a guy do about that?
Old 01-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DrX
Do the pins/colors on the white connector match up to these? Do they match the colors on the black connector from the van?

Do the wires on the black van connector match up to the highlighted PCM pins in the attached pinout chart.
I just checked out the pinout diagram, and it doesn't match the c152 connector. The vans black connector only has a few of the color wires highlighted on that list.

Here are some pics to show color/orientation.

Truck connector

Van connector

Last edited by lsxponcho; 01-13-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:54 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lsxponcho
I just checked out the pinout diagram, and it doesn't match the c152 connector. The vans black connector only has a few of the color wires highlighted on that list.

What are the wire colors at the highlighted PCM pins?

A couple of them are for vehicles with a secondary fuel tank.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:09 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lsxponcho
No it didn't. What would a guy do about that?
Then the van's PCM controlled the alternator like on a 2004 truck. Your BCM would notice a lack of communication with the gen/batt control module though.
The following users liked this post:
lsxponcho (02-12-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

I just picked up another 06 4.8 complete with harness, ecm, bcm, tac mod, pedal, and steering column today. Now I don't have to worry about the van harness headache. I may try to sell it now for someone to build a stand alone. Thanks for your help.

Now I just have to decide if I want to segment the 4l80 on this new ecm (not sure how that works yet though), or flash the vans ecm to the trucks vin. At least for now I can use all the newly acquired parts to start the truck anyways just to hear the motor run after the build.

Does anyone know if its okay to start and let the truck run in park or neutral without the ecm tuned to the 4l80? I know it will throw codes, just don't want it to hurt anything.

Search this Thread