Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

06 4.3 to 00 5.3 swap. Need advice asap!

Old 01-31-2017, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 06 4.3 to 00 5.3 swap. Need advice asap!

Hey guys I got a customer who has a 2006 v6 Silverado. truck has a DBC tb setup, but has the green/blue pcm connectors. Now I know everything about frame mounts, fuel etc. no issues there. My question is concering the harness and PCMs. The 00 5.3 motor for the swap has all acc. and has DBC harness and PCM. but this yr model has the red/blue PCM connectors where his v6 is blue/green PCM.

What is my best way around this at this point? I also have a full DBW harness from a 2004 5.3. without a PCM but figured I could use the v6 pcm and add the iac and tps with a segement swap for a van. and do away with the dbw tb setup. is this possible?

Or should I use the 04 DBW harness I have and just use a DBW pedal and tac from a donor truck? With this harness shouldn't I be able to use the v6 PCM and just segment swap it to DBW setup and disable vats? OR do I need a DBW truck PCM?

Has me confused as there a lot of different ways to do this. Does if even matter if the v6 truck had a dbw colored pcm to begin with, if I'm just using a dbc harness and using 00 5.3 truck pcm? will that still plug into the v6 fuse block? I would think this the best route. your thoughts?

all this has me confused as hell lol!! a lot of harnesses laying around the shop at the moment!
Old 02-03-2017, 08:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive done a few of these and ive found it easier to just switch over to dbw pedal and tac module can be had cheap

Search this Thread