Stacey David runnin a procharger on '11 Ram express

Old 03-18-2012, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stacey David runnin a procharger on '11 Ram express

So, I was watching "Gearz" yesterday and saw that Stacey David was installing a procharger on his '11 hemi powered Ram express and heard him say that tuning was on the way in the next few weeks. So Mike@Diablo please come clean with us and tell us yall got a tuner coming out!!! Please!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mines already tuned.......................
Old 03-18-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For everyone who is interested in the Bully Dog GT Tuner for the Ram 1500 Express, the word from Bully Dog is that they are still working on it, but it is NOT available yet. Their plan of course, was to have the tuner available by the time the show aired, but unfortunately they have had some setbacks that have delayed it’s release. So at this point, we are ALL waiting for a programmer! Bully Dog says the problem stems from the fact that the 2011 Ram vehicles are RSA encrypted, and NO ONE has a product for it yet, including them. However, they assure us they are working hard on it and as soon as the tuner becomes available, we will let you know.
That came straight from their website. Prolly they used a 2010 pcm like I did with BG tuning or used some type of piggy back system. The 2010 PCM is the same as the 2011 minus the ecrytion coding
Old 03-19-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

I know Stacey, he isn't fake. He is as genuine a person as you will ever meet. He has caught some crap from his sponsors for talking bad about them. He is excited about projects and the hobby in person just like on TV. When I first met him, he walked up to my POS 89 GMC Jimmy and let out a "THAT'S AWESOME". He will gladly talk about your projects with a lot of excitement.

SKYHIGHSAMI went with me down to his shop and met him once. I am sure he will tell you the same thing.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:19 PM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, we met him when he didn't have long. We ended up talking for over 2 hours. He is one of the nicest coolest guys I've ever met. As you expect he's a true gearhead. Wait until he shows the motor he has for the silver truck he mounted the guns in the bed. Do I like everything he does? No. But can I appreciate the work he puts into everything? Absolutely. A lot of his stuff has an attention to detail you don't see on the show. The Dodge Power Wagon he started building on trucks has the baddest mural painted on the firewall. As a matter of fact he told us he had a guy paint the orange Corvette he gave away. He wasn't happy with the finished product, told the guy he didn't bring his A game on a car he was giving away and would represent the show. So he had it done again. Truly a class guy
Old 03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yeah, I think this was a case of 'cart before the horse'

If he wants to tune it, there is no reason he cant use a 2010 PCM and tune it with CMR. I'm not sure what Bully Dog could do for him unless it was some one off tune??
Old 03-22-2012, 01:39 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Burgundy&TanMan
So, I was watching "Gearz" yesterday and saw that Stacey David was installing a procharger on his '11 hemi powered Ram express and heard him say that tuning was on the way in the next few weeks. So Mike@Diablo please come clean with us and tell us yall got a tuner coming out!!! Please!!!
I saw that episode as well..........Since Stacey David installed the procharger and televised it I have to believe there is a tuner to make it all go boom!

It would be great if we got a tranny upgrade out of the build as well! Also, interesting he showed the coil spring drop kit, loving it
Old 03-23-2012, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Surely he wouldn't put it on national TV and the tell ya that you gotta do a pcm/ecu swap to make it run right, or thats juts my opinion. I remember seeing the bully dog GT tuner on the table in the first or second draggin wagon episode when he was starting the project. Cause thats just gotta destroy your warrenty right then and there I would guess.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's a ram express reg cab go for???
Old 03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 62nalide
What's a ram express reg cab go for???
got mine for under $21k out the door...

then added goodies

Search this Thread