electrical issue out of the blue

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical issue out of the blue

I've got a 2011 Silverado crew cab with a 6.2 with aprox. 55K. I've got a beater honda civic I drive back and forth to work so I don't drive my truck everyday anymore. I put a new battery in it about 3 weeks ago. It had the original one in it and it was time to replace it. I drove it yesterday about a 5 mile round trip pulling a tow dolly with another civic on it. Today I drove it to work, about two miles pulling the empty tow dolly so I could return it after work. When I got to UHaul, I noticed my windows won't roll down, any of them. I turn off the truck to go inside to do the paperwork and noticed my radio didn't shut off after I pulled the keys out and when I got back in, 10 minutes later, it was still on. Now several things not working right.

So here's a list of the symptoms:
radio stays on with engine off, keys out
none of the windows work at all-not up or down
power door locks do not work
wipers work(slowly)only on highest setting and will not go to parked position when turned off
no brake lights
no turn signals
with key off and out of ignition, headlights stay on and headlight switch position does not change anything.

Truck starts and runs good, a/c blows cold and the controls to it seem to be working ok. I currently have the battery disconnected so not to run it down. I did re-connect it after about 30 minutes and rechecked everything but above symptoms have not changed. If I was to guess, I'd say one or more control modules have failed but I don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:06 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

I believe most of that stuff goes through the BCM, If I had to guess the BCM is probably failing.

Usually the windows and locks stop working when they fail.

BCM = Body Control Module