Diablo Sport inTune I-1000 ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 03:43 PM
FVC
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo Sport inTune I-1000 ?'s

I am wondering if anyone here has expierence with the I-1000 tuner from Diablo sport ? I was using the Superchips 2865 with their 91 octane performance tune on my 07 Yukon Denali with a Volant cold air kit and a Corsa exhaust and was getting a pinging once in a while. I spoke to Superchips and was told because of the cold air kit i will always get pinging because its to lean of a combo. Does any one know if the Diablo is a better way to go or just go with a custom tune? Just looking for some more power.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-15-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sponsors to the right ----> (Nelson, Wheatley, Blackbear)

Get a real tune. Hand-held's are junk.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by CC05
Sponsors to the right ----> (Nelson, Wheatley, Blackbear)

Get a real tune. Hand-held's are junk.
thanks for your useless input
You ought to take notice that we are one of those sponsors as well. As in, we pay so this forum can be here for you to use, for free.

OP, if you need any info on our great line of tools, let me know.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
thanks for your useless input
Dude that's pretty unprofessional... You're representing your company, their products, and their reputation... And you act like that. I know I wouldn't let my employees act that way.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Mike, We know that the diablo tuners are a quality product and work well for basically stock vehicles with the canned tunes that are included. But honestly man even you know that custom tunes work better for stock/modified vehicles. I know your a site sponsor, but that doesn't give you the right to tell us our comments are useless, just remember were the ones that your trying to sell these products too! You guys wouldn't have a business if it weren't for consumers, so just keep that in mind
Old 05-29-2012, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Umm, no, I will always call people out if they refer to our stuff as Junk. Sorry for having a bit of pride in what I do

Our custom tuning capabilities are as solid as anything the other guys offer for about 95% of the people who may need a custom tune, and they can be simply/safely/easily loaded to one of our handhelds and uploaded to the vehicle.

There is just too much misinformation regarding our capabilities here.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:28 AM
rj2
Launching!

So can I go to diablo sport and get a custom tune specifically for my truck like I can blackbear and nelson? Or is it an agressive tune that is generic enough for a broad range of trucks and setups?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Umm, no, I will always call people out if they refer to our stuff as Junk. Sorry for having a bit of pride in what I do

Our custom tuning capabilities are as solid as anything the other guys offer for about 95% of the people who may need a custom tune, and they can be simply/safely/easily loaded to one of our handhelds and uploaded to the vehicle.

There is just too much misinformation regarding our capabilities here.
There are better ways to defend your product than simply calling someone who knocks it an idiot...

Seriously, Mike, you're a grown man that's acting like a child
Old 05-29-2012, 12:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rj2
So can I go to diablo sport and get a custom tune specifically for my truck like I can blackbear and nelson? Or is it an agressive tune that is generic enough for a broad range of trucks and setups?
You can definitely get an equivalent tune, but it's a slightly different structure. Our tools come with preloaded "canned"tunes, and a certain amount (depending on the application) of available adjustment to things like timing and a/f mixture for dialing in certain changes. Here's a good example with the Predator U7198:
DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems
(The preloaded tunes and available adjustment are the same on the Trinity and inTune as well, so what I'm explaining will also apply to them)

The fuel and timing adjustment range is similar to what you could change on a Holly 4bbl carburetor without changing the jets: mixture screws can be twisted, and certain settings like the idle RPM can be adjusted up and down within a certain range. If the adjustment required goes beyond the out-of-the box capability of the handheld, you would contact one of our CMR Dealers.

Our structure is such that we don't actually provide the custom tunes to the customer directly, we leave that to our CMR Dealers that have purchased the software suite necessary to create them. All of our CMR Dealers can sell you a handheld, but not all of the dealers that can sell you a handheld are able to create a custom tune. To find dealers that have a CMR license, check here:
Online Dealer Locator Enter your country then zip code, and it will all our vendors in that area. If you click one of the boxes in the upper right (Ford, GM, Mopar) it will filter the dealers with custom tuning software.

The advantages with this structure are:
  • If you have a mostly stock vehicle, all you have to do is buy a handheld over the counter and load the preloaded file.
  • The user has the option of fine-tuning if he likes to do his own tweaking.
    (Click here for more info on how that's accomplished with our devices)
  • You can hire an expert if extensive tuning is needed or you just don't want to do dial your vehicle in yourself.
  • The handheld will always have a copy of the original factory file saved in its memory, so you can put it back to stock yourself whenever you like. This last one may not seem like a big one to some of us, but I get asked about this specific feature quite frequently.

Last edited by MikeM_Diablo; 05-29-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: speelin' and grammuhr
Old 05-29-2012, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Yeah Mike theres no harm in have pride in your product and the Diablo/CMR stuff is a good product, and you can do custom tunes. Don't take offense man, tons of folks will buy handhelds for the ease of use and honestly soon as you guys get 2011+ dodge trucks figured out i'll prolly get an intune for it. I have had custom tunes before and handhelds and on basically stock trucks the handheld worked great, but on my modified tvehicles he custom tunes were cheaper and worked better. But I work on tons of vehicles of all kinds for people and I have found out that not everybody will like your work no matter what you do, so you just gotta take the criticism with a grain of salt and move on. So like a teacher at school would have done back in my day we need you to write on the blackboard 100 times: "I will not be mean to potential customers, no matter what their opinions are!"

Quick Reply: Diablo Sport inTune I-1000 ?'s