Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

2003 Pampered 55,000 Mile SS Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 03:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Pampered 55,000 Mile SS Silverado

After eleven years, lots of time and money I have decided to sell my black 03 SSS and one of my two Corvettes in order to build the fastest by far of any vehicles I have ever owned and over almost fifty years there have been some fast ones. Time is running out healthwise for me. After almost recovering from a heart attack followed within a month by three strokes that caused 100% memory loss and they put me in a wheelchair for two years. Doctors said I would never walk again but now I lean heavily on my custom walking stick due to Parkinson's and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Back to the truck, the following modification have been made or maintenance has been performed:
1- The truck is Always kept garaged in a heated and cooled shop. I can only remember getting caught in the rain four times on trips otherwise I never get it out if there is a chance of rain. No one eats or drinks unit.
2- I hand wax it every four months and at that time I clean and apply conditioner to the leather interior. Weekly I wipe it down first with a California Duster and then use a NEW microfiber towel and Lucas Spray Wax.
3- The oil is changed every three to four months using Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil and filter, also check and top off any other fluid levels.
I have never had to add a minute amount of oil to the LQ9 engine between changes. It will hold 60 Lbs. oil pressure cold and 40 at an idle in gear. There not a drop of anykind of fluid under it ever.
The following exterior modification were made:
1- I installed a five piece Black Billet Grille.
2- Smoked headlight, Tail light and parking light covers.
3- I had a red hockey stripe painted down each side from a 6.0 emblem on the front fenders dying off in the middle of the back extended cab doors, the same color was used to paint the Bowtie in the center of the stock wheels.
4- A soft Tri-fold tight fitting Tono cover.
Mechanical modifications and maintenance performed:
1- A K&N Cold Air Induction Kit
2- A FAST LSXrt intake manifold and fuel rails.
3- Ported 90 MM Throttle Body
4- A Comp Cams kit, cam, lifters, roller rockers, bee-hive valve springs.
5- Heavy wall .100" pushrods
6- BBK Hedders
7- Doug's Hedders electric cutouts
8- Flowmaster dual exhaust system
9- A custom designed based on the trucks cam, gearing and tire height Edge Performance Products Torque Converter.
10- While having the torque converter installed last fall at a high performance
automatic transmission shop the transmission was gone through and thoroughly cleaned,a transmission shift kit was installed.
11- A custom HP tuneup was done three years ago and another was done a year ago and the truck was making right at 400 RWHP
12- The spark plugs were replaced three months ago
13- New, less than 2,500 miles, NITTO 420S High Performance tires with a W speed rating.

It is 4:00 AM and I am probably forgetting something like the instrument cluster will need replacing, the speedometer works correctly about 30% of the time.
The temp gauge went out and I had a quality Autometer installed which holds at 190-200 degrees running hard with the AC on in mid 90'S outside temps.
I don't have time and speed slips in the house but the truck has set or broken and reset six Landspeed records in a standing mile on the Maxton Mile before most of performance modifications were performed and it ran around 127 MPH then on the Ohio Mile it has ran from 131 to 137 and change always with a 10 to 15 MPH headwind.
It will run in the 13.20'S in the 1/4 mile, I don't remember what the interval times were.
I and the truck were discussed in HotRod Magazine in I think the July 2012 issue and there was a two page article about US in the Bonneville Racing News.
Strokes have left me unable to comprehend or follow written or verbal instructions and as hard as I try I can not post pictures but plenty of pictures I have so the seriously interested email me your email address and I will send pictures.
There is no use in playing games so I will give you the firm non negotiable price to begin with: $20,000.00 Firm
Thank You
Old 10-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Teching In

I have two different offers on my truck. I said I was firm on my price but these are close enough to consider so if you are interested send your email address for pictures.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:11 AM
Teching In

I have an offer that I have accepted if the prospect can get everything put together by the
Middle of November. If you are interested get in touch to get in line incase he can't make things work.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Teching In

The person that made an offer on my truck and I accepted wasn't able to make things work to where he could keep his truck as a daily driver and use my truck as I do to just get it it out on clear and sunny weekends,
His offer was $18,900.00 and him responsible for picking the truck up at my shop, therefore I will accept that amount as the revised selling price for the truck, you don't know what you are missing on this one until you call for pictures.
Thanks
Old 11-14-2014, 03:13 AM
Teching In

Sent out pictures to six different prospects this week and I was in my Dentist's office yesterday and he ask me if I would sell him my truck that he would like to start driving a truck. He thought it was only a couple of years old. I gave him a crash course on 03 SS Silverado trucks 101 and told him how it had been pampered and how clean it was and the condition it is in, he wanted to know if it would be okay if he talked it over with his Wife before he made a decision and I told him I thought it was a good idea!
If you want it you better not get caught napping!
Old 12-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Every deal so far has fallen apart, I was so close to selling it that when I found a clean low mile 04 Mustang GT I bought it and I have $2,500.00 in parts delivered here today.
Because of the above circumstances I am cutting the price to the bone. Two years ago I turned down $20,000.00 from a man with his checkbook and pen out.
The price as of now and this will be the last cut or I will keep it is: $17,500.00
Old 12-01-2014, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How about more pics and less words.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:56 AM
Teching In

Have been sick for a few weeks and haven't checked the forum or my ad. Because of a series of strokes, six, after I had a heart attack five years ago I had to relearn everything. Spent two years in a wheelchair and suffered 100% memory loss. I know walk very slowly with a walking stick due to Parkinson's Dessease and Rheumatoid Arthritis. One thing I have never been able to do is post pictures. I have some pretty good ones and I have spent dozens of hours trying. If you or someone would volunteer to post them I would appreciate it. I would need an email address to send them to.
Thanks,
Garrell
Old 12-20-2014, 10:05 AM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Send them to bgray30@hotmail.com and i'll post them up for you!
Old 12-22-2014, 10:07 AM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are a few pictures of his truck!

Here are a few pictures of his other toys, both look very well cared for.

Quick Reply: 2003 Pampered 55,000 Mile SS Silverado