Click here to visit LS1Tech
Click here to visit Performance Trucks
Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech
Click here to visit Modern Hemi

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums  

Go Back   PerformanceTrucks.net Forums > GENERAL ACTIVITY, HOBBIES, & MULTIMEDIA FORUMS > THE TRUCK STOP
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read VendorsUsed CarsGarageStore TSBs & Recalls
Welcome to PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Trader Rating: 2
TECH Enthusiast

Default tag light ticket, anything i can do??

Well i was driving around late lastnight, passing the time because there was nothing better to do, not speeding or anything. just cruising aroudn 35 mph, nex thing i know a cop suv cuts off the car behind me and gets behind me, i think this can not be good, and sure enough about 2 seconds later blue lights. so i pull over into a dealership parking lot. office comes to my window and tells me he stopped me because i have blacked out tail lights and no working tag light, he runs my lisence , comes back and has me get out and walk to the back of the truck, lectures me about my tail lights and how its not safe for them to be blacked out even though my lights shine clearly through them. then gives me a ticket for my tag light. a little annoyed i think that im thankful it was just that and not the tail lights too. i call and the ticket is $112!!!!!!! is there anything i can do about this?!!? like fix the light and see about having it dropped or anything? or am i just SOL?????
Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Trader Rating: 3
TECH Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to THE-HOE

Sucks to hear it man.

You are probably SOL, its been said many times before but the police can do whatever they want. You could fight it and possibly get the fine lowered, but since its not a ticket that gives you points on your license i personally wouldn't mess with it.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
Trader Rating: 10
Wearin' da big hat

Go buy some cheap $3 bulbs, keep your receipt. Go to the Courthouse within the allotted time and try to get it dismissed with the receipt. If the clerk cannot do it, ask for an extension and an appointment to see a judge. You'll be grouped with 20+ people a few weeks from then and bring your ticket and receipt, and most Municipal Courts offer a "fix-it" deduction to your ticket which usually brings it down to all charges being dropped and a simple ~$15 fine. It's really no big deal at all, I wouldn't sweat it for a minute.

2000 Silverado ECSB 5.3
TSP | PAC | Circle-D | Detroit | Pacesetter | Shaner | AEM | Magnaflow | Innovate | EFIlive
Daily:2012 Honda Civic EX Sedan
00ChevyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Trader Rating: 0
TECH Resident

I had some tail lights go out while driving my old car (short circut in one of the rear lights caused all of them to go out.) The ticket was over $100 but If I fixed the problem and had another officer to sign off that they worked the ticket dropped to $18. No points because its not a moving violation.

03 GMC Sierra ECSB
5.3l w/299,000mi and counting
~CAI~PS LongTubes & ORY~Borla ProXS~TB Bypass~PerformaBuilt LVL2 4l60e w/PB2500 Stall~3.73~TrueTrac Diff~E-Fans~AmsOil Throughout~McG's 2/4 Drop~Belltech Street Performance Shocks~SSBC Slotted Rotors On All Corners~Braided Brake Lines~EBC Yellow Stuff Pads~Hydroboost~08 Denali 20's~Dyno Tuned by EFI Alchemy~
Sc00by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
Trader Rating: 35
I need a gauge for that

A cop wrote me a warning for those lights being out once. I fixed it and now keep some spares in my truck in case they go out and I dont know it I can be like, "hang on 5 seconds and ill fix it right now"
Atomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
Trader Rating: 1
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
A cop wrote me a warning for those lights being out once. I fixed it and now keep some spares in my truck in case they go out and I dont know it I can be like, "hang on 5 seconds and ill fix it right now"
That's weird. AL State Trooper told me that the tag light wasn't a requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
remember the first time you busted a nut? yeah, kinda like that
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Trader Rating: 0
The House is Rockin'

i have been written 3 warnings for having a tag light.

because its red.

2000 SILVERADO RCSB STEPSIDE, 5.3, 4l60E, 17" DENALI WHEELS, 6000K HID'S, K&N CAI, 4:56, HIGH FLOW CATS, MUFF DELETE,160 STAT*,TR5, DYNO TUNED BY EFI ALCHEMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc View Post
Yah i would sodomize her with a 6'' diesel stack..
BLUES MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
Trader Rating: 13
TECH Addict

Send a message via AIM to D_reks{5.3}

Here in cali that would be called a "fix it ticket", And its only a $25 fine here.

Cammed L76 6.0/Ls3 heads
Built 60E. Circle D 3600ish. Tru Trac.
Tuned by Jim@Calspeed & Performance
4,280lbs of Beast.
WPR
D_reks{5.3} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
Trader Rating: 7
Where's the Beef?

Send a message via MSN to viciousknid Send a message via Yahoo to viciousknid

I had 1 tag light out and the cop just told me that it needs to be fixed cuz the other one by itself wasn't bright enough. Most cops around here won't even stop you for no tag light but the Highway patrol will in a heartbeat.
I'd try to get it reduced. Its such a minor thing for him to write a ticket about.

To Err is Human. To ARRR is Pirate.
viciousknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
Trader Rating: 4
TECH Addict

It will depend on your state. In NY state that is the basic fix it ticket. You can fix it in about 2 business days, have a vehicle defect slip signed, and there will be no fine at all. What state are you from?
Flex fueled 05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, 4" DP, Sound Performance boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, 160LB injectors, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan.
Gadgetized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 PM
PerformanceTrucks
Ford F150

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1500, 2007, al, alabama, broken, chevy, cover, fine, florida, huntsville, light, oklahoma, requirements, tag, taglight, ticket