THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

This place surely isn't what it used to be...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 218 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by George C....
the one that has the cartel funding the builds....

is anyone even close to hanging with that truck? that's the one I was thinking of.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
is anyone even close to hanging with that truck? that's the one I was thinking of.
if spike ever made a solid pass you would think a 440 at 3000lbs with twins would do some serious damage

hayhauler hasnt been the same with the latest motor
Old 01-25-2015, 08:57 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

I dont know why they havent put a 600" BBC in there yet...
Old 01-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy
A lot of the really SMART guys the did a lot of the pioneer and group work have sense moved on to other things. Many of the very tech heavy article writers aren't around any more for whatever reason. I personally know a few that just got fed up with all the idiots with deep pockets getting huge followings and thinking they know everything, then talking down to the guys who really know what they're talking about from a physics/chemistry/engineering point of view. (run on sentence, don't care)
This. Over and over. There is only so long you can 'debate' with and explain to people certain things before you realize you're wasting your breath and your time is better spent elsewhere. Some of the biggest names in this industry/hobby have no idea what they're doing, and customers by the thousands aren't even aware of it because they can't apply the scientific method to figure it out. If you want to improve on yourself, you've got to surround yourself with people better than you are. I realized that after I had an unnecessarily lengthy conversation with someone trying to explain the difference between volume and mass. This guy sells hundreds, possibly thousands of camshafts a year. **** like that makes a guy sick.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:32 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
This. Over and over. There is only so long you can 'debate' with and explain to people certain things before you realize you're wasting your breath and your time is better spent elsewhere. Some of the biggest names in this industry/hobby have no idea what they're doing, and customers by the thousands aren't even aware of it because they can't apply the scientific method to figure it out. If you want to improve on yourself, you've got to surround yourself with people better than you are. I realized that after I had an unnecessarily lengthy conversation with someone trying to explain the difference between volume and mass. This guy sells hundreds, possibly thousands of camshafts a year. **** like that makes a guy sick.
Sounds like a certain Fat **** or a little kid .....
Old 01-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I know I like reading on this site. I'm pretty geeky though. I spend a lot of time searching around for answers and trying to put concepts together. I appreciate what others have accomplished here. I was late to the game, but that worked out pretty well for me. I was able to buy a lot of parts second hand and learn from other's trials and errors.

I'm finally getting around to putting my 6.0L together. I couldn't have done it without the help from others on this site. Science and all.

So thanks to all that came before me. I appreciate it.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by iregret
Well, I know I like reading on this site. I'm pretty geeky though. I spend a lot of time searching around for answers and trying to put concepts together. I appreciate what others have accomplished here. I was late to the game, but that worked out pretty well for me. I was able to buy a lot of parts second hand and learn from other's trials and errors.

I'm finally getting around to putting my 6.0L together. I couldn't have done it without the help from others on this site. Science and all.

So thanks to all that came before me. I appreciate it.
Haven't seen ya around for awhile, welcome back.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
right now i think the only one would be spike, and i wonder if canalla (flaco) can be faster with the same setup, he isnt running very high boost yet and made 7´s look kinda easy

flaco built hayhauler from the ground up and has gone 8.07 im sure now that he already has a 7 second truck if the owner of hayhauler wants he can go 7´s
Old 01-27-2015, 10:34 AM

how deep into the 7's is flacos truck now? I didn't even realize he had a new truck...

Last edited by TXsilverado; 01-27-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:47 AM

Damn...I didn't even know about this truck LOL. 1684 RWHP 8O

Last edited by TXsilverado; 01-27-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply: This place surely isn't what it used to be...