THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Anyone ever taken a anger management course??

Old 02-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Anyone ever taken a anger management course??

Well my current job is kinda complicated. I have to do very techincal designs and i also have todo administrative paper work. Which is fine most of the time. Given the size of company i work for i have to interface with alot of different people some extremely intelligent and some can barely tie thier shoes. Soooooo this brings the issue. I just dont deal well with stupid people and stupid no value added administrative task. Then i usually get frustrated dealing with the tards and basically i become an *******. Yep i will admit it. Sooooo i had a long talk with my boss today and she knows me and how i operate. I have had one my personal work objectives for the last couple of years to work on my attitude. So she mentioned today that i need to learn how to deal when i get frustrated. Soooo i thought maybe a anger management course or issue resoution course may help. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and how you deal with stupid people. Becasue that stopping and taking a deep breath does not work for ****, basically all it does is make me think of how pissed off i am and then i just lay into people.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahaha I know how you feel.. I get that way with my wife,and my mom when she calls me about crazy stuff..I ended up having to go to the doctor to see what they could do,and she just gave me a script..I dont take them all the time,just when i need them But they do work..
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hmmmm. Ya meds arent really my thing, they work for some people but i dunno. I have actually met with a therapist a lomg time ago and basically ended up pissing her off cause she was stupid. Really she was stupid.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Veteran

I go to the drag strip or I use to get on the motorcycle and ride like an *** (one of the reasons I sold it recently). Great way to clear the mind.

Never been to an anger management class but I have been through some of the things you are describing and can relate to how frustrating it is. I say take the class, it can't hurt as long as you go into it with an open mind and willing to listen
Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cut out the caffeine. The idiot population only grows with time.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never took any courses but i do get frustrated with people like that . , just do er up like the movie anger management hahha.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your def not the only one I almost got fired couple weeks ago for throwing a 2 wheel dolly across our shop cause 90% production workers don't speak english and management are fing stupid and I'm just waiting to crack like our other maintenance crew and cuss out the upper management for being fing retareded morons drugs might be a good thing
Old 02-15-2012, 07:13 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Corey, i completely understand,

Im a supervisor/foreman for my company, I have crews from 2 guys up to 36, its like adult daycare sometimes, everyone has a problem and just cant do simple tasks, its VERY frustrating and pisses me off sometimes,

Then i go home and have 2 young kids ( 4 and 18 mo.) which make stress levels higher. Im no different than anyone else here, but i have a bad temper,

So i went to a psychologist for help, i dont like having anger issues. I do take meds to help take the edge off, they dont " drug" me or make me dopey, and i still can get angry when i need to, they arent perfect but in combo with talking about my stressors really helps.

You need to find what works for you, there are different ways of dealing with it as im sure you know.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000chevysilverado
Your def not the only one I almost got fired couple weeks ago for throwing a 2 wheel dolly across our shop cause 90% production workers don't speak english and management are fing stupid and I'm just waiting to crack like our other maintenance crew and cuss out the upper management for being fing retareded morons drugs might be a good thing
LOL Brother!!!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

I say keep laying into those retarded *****. Theres only one way to get the point these days, and its by getting your *** handed to you. Too many people never experience that anymore, and they just drown in their own idiot stupor... I think you're doing us all a favor by laying into morons when they need it. I do the same thing. I'd say only 25% or so actually get the point, unfortunately...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone ever taken a anger management course??