THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Grown up talk... OGTFO.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

We have all been there... I lived with 4 different girls throught out my teens and 20's.... Each time it ended badly. i turned to the bottle and a **** ton of drugs many times.... I finally straightened out and then i met my wife, i dated her for 5 years before getting married... you will find the right one, just keep your head up...

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Youre going to need to learn how to 2-step and adjust the wardrobe a bit though
Whoa! don't scare him away!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont listen to cody! not all of texas is country dancin and cowboys... lol there are plenty of country girls down here that dont like country boys.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i feel your pain man.i've been there also.i was married for over 7 years.we have 2 boys together.she cheated on me one time(that i know about)but she still denied it and i took her back.if both my boys didn't look just like me i would question they were mine.back in december of 07 she left me for another guy.i was in same shape as you.all these guy has gave real good advice.if your not working,hang out with friends or anything you like to do.if i ever get my truck put back together i would drive up and go racing with ya.its going to take some time.some ppl longer than others.it took me a year and now after all this time im glad it happened.only thing i hate is i have to have contact with her for kids and shes married again and i have to deal with her husband also.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh and dont stop racing or working on your truck.thats what i did and regreted it later.between being depressed and paying for a lawyer and other things,i got outta the racing scene for about 2 years
Old 08-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
dont listen to cody! not all of texas is country dancin and cowboys... lol there are plenty of country girls down here that dont like country boys.
None that are worth a ****
Old 08-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

plenty of good advice posted here...

the main thing is I think, do what YOU need to do. racing is great but sometimes its stressful LOL, maybe need to find another hobby, get out on the boat more etc. I have been with my wife for 7.5yrs now and married for a little over two of that. I did the manwhore thing, the drunk thing, the work too much thing etc... I went around the world and met tons of women and ended up with someone I knew my whole life basically. The right one may be right under your nose. Never can tell. Just try to relax and take life as it happens. You cant control much in life and understanding that fact makes a lot of difference in your blood pressure
Old 08-13-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Also, never Forget that Everything happens for a reason.. You prolly wont ever understand why or how, maybe you will.
But try to not ever get depressed, that crap will drag you down a long dark road.
Just stay busy.

If you were closer, we could go shoot some stuff.. That always makes you feel better!!
nothing like turning something into swiss cheese with a ammo can of 50BMG

Oh and find some good books to read.. Thats good for taking your mind of things.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The old me would tell you to snuggle up to her best friend till you get your head clear They new me says go on about your daily life and the right one will cross your path. Just dont go out looking for one in the local nightlife, more than likely you will end up in the same boat
Old 08-13-2012, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tiffo60
The old me would tell you to snuggle up to her best friend till you get your head clear They new me says go on about your daily life and the right one will cross your path. Just dont go out looking for one in the local nightlife, more than likely you will end up in the same boat

Spoken like a true friend.

I havent had a girlfriend in years. I love it. Haha. I do what i want, when i want, where i want and how i want.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can do the same thing with right woman. If a woman tries to change you or keep you from doing what you want, you shouldn't be with them. I'm just too hard headed to have someone tell me what to do.

Quick Reply: Grown up talk... OGTFO.