Truck of the Quarter Performance Trucks TOTQ Winners (former TOTM winners as well)

AUGUST '09 TOTM: Bonj87

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:10 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AUGUST '09 TOTM: Bonj87

bonj87

In 2004, my wife showed me the SS truck. I wasnt convinced to get it, as I didnt want to get rid of my Dad's truck. It took a week of her convincing me to be serious about buying it. I was very upset with myself for making the decision, not totally sure, we went ahead with it.
It started looking like this

Since then, I've been working a little at a time to make the truck a little special,I've had my fair share of issues with the truck, but now, after almost 5 years.. I think I've finally created a truck that's been nominated for TOTM.

My project started with a K&N CAI, and a Flowmaster catback system. That was fine for me for a few years. Then, when my stock tranny broke, I started working with FLT and eventually wound up with one of thier Level 5 w\ billet output shaft transmissions, and a tune by Nelson. Even THAT was fine.. until I spoke with my painter\customizer in Texas.. Danny. Thats when we went with a 2800 stall TCS stall all billet converter

This also includes a True Cool 40K GVW trans cooler.

That really woke up the truck. Along with the Dynatech LT headers, Dynatech cats, the truck finally felt like a big bad blue beast.

Some custom painted parts by my buddy Danny "Tranny"

just a shot showing off the custom painted tail lights and part of the ISS spoiler
(which i think belongs on this truck!)

I've even had had a tribute plate made, in rememberence of my Dad.
Look below. Look under the "Silverados SS"

To show it in its place.. and now you can see why I've done all the things I've done.
I can finally say the Truck is done. No more, unless I have a repair, or build the next engine...

Another shot under the hood

Looking a little further inside the engine compartment, you'd see these

Some of the audio pics, custom install by my buddy Chris St. Aubin. Audio
consists of an Avic D3 head unit, infinity rear door speakers, Alpine S series components up front, a 4 channel MTX Thunder X amp for all the doors, and one Earthquake PowerHouse amp for the sub. The sub sits in a custom box made by Chris.

The truck sits on top of the GM Acessory rims I bought from a buddy, replacing the bland stockers.

All that has led to these pics, I apologize for them just being taken by my phone camera, but when I think a shot's gonna look good, I just take one.

I CANNOT thank all of you enough for helping me get to this point. The list is long.. but I'll make sure I dont leave anyone out.
Danny,Ashley,Wifey,Chris St. Aubin,Mike Frazier,Tony @ Collision Revision,Rusty,Carl,GreaseMyKey,Brobrad for his supporting words,Midnight Rider for his supporting words
Jaison @ third|shift studios!,RaysB4u for his support,
MungMan for getting me various parts from the boneyards way up North,SSPOSSE for his , and his son's help,Melissa@np,CanCan,Mean05,TurboMic, Moze, and all the people on LS1 truck \ PT.net \ My Site, that have helped.

My total list of mods are
K&N CAI, Flowmaster cat-back, FLT Lvl 5 transmisison, 2800 stall TCS Billet converter, GM Acessory rims, Custom painted efans, lights, bumper lights, tail lights, Energy Suspension Bushing upgrade for the front sway bar, 2006 front calipers, power slot rotors on all 4 wheels, billstein shocks all around, MSD plug wires, TruCool transmision cooler, HIDs.

Thank you,
Bonj87
Old 08-01-2009, 10:14 PM
something else

Congratulation!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Mike, A well deserved win.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

congrats wiener!!! I will have those other parts painted soon for ya!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

Thank you so much to all those who voted for me.. and Congrats to Low Dime for being in the contest with me.. IMO, we are both winners just for being nominated!
Its been a long time coming for me to finally win something like this.. some kind of recognition for the work. It does pay off!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

congrats
Old 08-01-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Congrats!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:22 AM
Staging Lane

congrats