Truck of the Quarter Performance Trucks TOTQ Winners (former TOTM winners as well)

APRIL '09 TOTM: lownslo06

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:50 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APRIL '09 TOTM: lownslo06

lownslo06

Guy and Gals,
Thanks for the nomination for April’s TOTM! This website has been the biggest motivation thus far in my life! It might sound funny to some people but I have always had a passion for anything with a motor or wheels. I have had many vehicles through the years but never one that I have enjoyed as much as this truck. My pocket book has never allowed me to “fix it up” like I wanted to! With that being said……

I would first like to thank a few people who have helped me along the way!
1. Lynn Torrence for Painting and fixing the truck from previous body work!
2. Nonnieselman- He has been a huge part of the build.
3. Skinnyman(Sam)- No questions just turned wrenches and provided entertainment!
4. Nightmaretahoe- My brother who has given me motivation to keep it up.
5. Extreme- For beating me and making me try to keep up!
6. Performance Motorsports- Joseph and Josh for the extra help getting her going!

If I win it goes to these guys, Without these few folks the truck wouldn’t be the way it is!

Onto the Truck:
The truck started out as a 07 Classic Silverbirch Metallic lt3. It has all the goodies with heated/memory leather seats, redundant controls, and DIC. I bought the truck in August of 2008 with 19,000 miles on it. Pretty much the truck was a wreck. Lynn usually goes around and marks the dents on the vehicles that he repairs, but on this one he marked the straight places! (they were easy to find)
So here are the before and after’s of the truck…..

The “Hooptie” as I call it, stayed at stock height for about 2 weeks until I couldn’t stand it! So as you can see the drop was installed with beltech spindles up front and shackles and hangers out back!

So now the truck was ready to drive for the first time! Keep in mind the paint and drop were completed before I even drove the truck over 100 miles. I soon realized that the truck ran horrible with stock tune and 3.23 gears. I picked up a great deal on a g80 rear end with disc brakes and a 3.73 at a local salvage yard and decided to do the rear-end swap and the tune at the same time! Eaton soon to come also!
So soon after the swap I still felt slow compared to my brothers TBSS and Nonnieselma’s turbo Silverado. So I decided to upgrade the powerplant! After a short assessment of my future performance goals I decided to go with a 6.0 and a z06 cam and ls6 yellow springs! (soon to be front mount 70mm turbo)

Needless to say it enjoyed the new power!

Nonnieselman and I had the idea to try and produce a long bar similar to beastmodes. Although not of the same quality we did build them… and they do help!

After all this I swapped around some wheels and tires for a little better look! I put the Boss 22” 330’s with a 285/35r22 Hankook ventus st!

Then we decided to install a Yank tt 3000 converter in the mostly stock 4l60e (just servos). I had a local shop do a cut and clean on the converter and also machine the sprags and put a new clutch in!

Well the 22’s didn’t like all the extra stress on them or was it my pocket book? So I decided it was time to upgrade the traction department with some 295/50r16 M/T et street radials on stock chevy wheels!

We had a small dyno day at Performance Motorsports in Pearl, MS and the truck held its own. We ran several times over the course of an hour and my best pull on the dyno dynamics was a 301.6hp/315tq. That is supposed to equate to about 346hp/360tq on a dynojet. The dyno we used was with SAE correction also!

On the inside of the truck I have installed a factory Nav unit that comes in Tahoes and trailblazers! It is fully functional with the navigation and just like stock would be! Also I have installed a triple gauge pod to keep an eye on things…as this is my daily driver! I also have 2 punch p2 10’s under the seat for a little extra sound quality!

This is my life! I have never been in any trouble…knock on wood…. With the law or anything in my life…. I try to do the right thing and this is my hobby that requires all my attention and time! I would like to thank all of the mod’s and all of performacetrucks.net members for the great tech articles, quick help responses, bull-crap threads and all of the friendships I have made!
Good luck to all who vote and the other contestants!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:54 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Congrats to our winner on a well derserved kill!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

congrats!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats bro! Very nice truck!!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM
something else

Congrats! Bad azz truck.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ugly and slow truck... psh.....

hahah jk, glad you finally won something since all them races you loose...

ok that 08 Mustang GT wasnt too happy he got beat by a truck.

Congrats lil buddy.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

congrats now let me get the dime runnin so i can drag that thang down the road haha
Old 04-01-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Congrats man..I love your truck
Old 04-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Congrats, I am really glad we were able to help you and the rest of the truck guys out. We are really looking forward to the next dyno day. We are changing a lot of things around at the shop, so it will look a bit different next time you guys stop in. Thanks for the opportunity to help out chris. Whatever you guys need you know where we are.

ps you still need a real bike

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
glad you finally won something since all them races you loose...
true story

Originally Posted by EVIL Z
congrats now let me get the dime runnin so i can drag that thang down the road haha
and bullshit, you will wreck on the way to the race
Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Congrats from the south.(Mississippi)

Quick Reply: APRIL '09 TOTM: lownslo06