Truck of the Quarter Performance Trucks TOTQ Winners (former TOTM winners as well)

8ALTNG: March '07 TOTM

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 8ALTNG: March '07 TOTM

Congrats 8ALTNG

Very close race and all were awesome trucks But in the end it was 8ALTNG.

8ALTNG

I took delivery of the truck on November 7th, 2000. It was stock for 18 days. First I put a exhaust on it. I had turn downs and no tips becuase that is what I had always seen in the mags and on the trucks on the West Coast and that is the look that I loved. Then I did the radio. Subs, highs, mids, deck, amps the whole show. I slowly modded the truck over the next 2 years. 2/4 drop, 17's, K&N Intake, HTT III programmer, headers, you know the small stuff. But being that that truck was a 4.8l, they were not enought to make it go fast at all.
Then one day during my freshman year of college, I was driving back to school on a Sunday morning and a Lightning came along side me for the 1st time since I got the truck. I went for it and he absolutly killed me. I was devistated........I knew right then what I had to do: build the fastest 4.8L there was and beat on every Lightning that I could find. And that is what I did.
I enlisted the help of Don Kinder at Dez Racing in Seekonk, MA. Don is a LS1 guru. With his help and the help of Tom at TBYRNE Motorsports we were able to turn the 4.8 into a conteder. The modding started with a Magna Charger, Agastino Racing LS1 heads and Cam package and a 3000 stall convertor. The truck made 435rwhp and I thought it was the fastest thing ever. It ran 12.6 @ 109mph. I was smoking lightnings and loving it. Then came the "bling" factor I knew I needed. I ditched the 17's and got some 20's, a snug top bed cover, cowl hood, and a new grill.
Then three 4l60e's later the number 7 pistion said good bye and I had to make a choice: fast or faster. Don got me thinking turbo. First we had a 4.8 liter shortblock built, something no one had done before. JE Pistions, Manle Rods, ARP everything. A STS kit with the 67mm turbo upgrade was the FI we went with. The truck made 500rwhp and I loved it. I ran 11.8 @ 119mph with the setup. The 4th 60e said bye and it was time to plan for the future. I had a 80e built and through that in there.
Then at the end of the summer of 2006, the built 4.8 started to hurt from the 15#+ of boost that I was throwing at it. So Don asked me what I wanted to do. I simply told him "I wanna go fast.......Really fast".
That brings us to today. The truck now has a new 408 ci forged iron block waiting to be installed. Don built me a custom front mount turob kit using a s85 turbo. The combo should make upwards of 600rwhp on low boost (8#'s). Don also has installed a fuel cell in the bed of the truck to help feed the beast.
The future of the truck looks promising. After Don is done building the beast, I am looking into having a local fabricator build a 6 point roll bar for the truck. As well as a custom 4-link rear, custom 9" rear and mini tub it. I meet my goal of being the fastest/most powerful 4.8 anywhere. And now I just want to have a good time with the truck and know that if I have to, I can light the tires when ever I want
I have learned a lot while building this truck. Being from the Northeast, I never really saw lowered trucks as a kid driving around. There was one guy that my dad knew who had a 89 GMC with a 4/6 drop and 18's. I still remember the 1st time I ever saw it. I was in love. He took me for a ride and when he dropped me off he left smoking the tires. That has truely left a lasting impression on me. I feel proud and thrilled now when I pull up to a stop light or into a parking lot and teens come up to the truck and know the truck. They are asking questions, saying the truck is sick, and they always ask for a ride. I guess this is my way of giving back to the community and helping to keep rice of our streets.

No problem:
Exterior:
2/4 DJM Drop
Cowl hood
Custom grill (no bowtie)
20" Centerline Rapids
Clear Corners
Tinted windows
Sung top bed cover
bed rug
Escalde handles (no key holes. First to do it back in 02!!)
debadged

Interior:
Pioneer Deck
Eclipse Components (mids and tweeters)
2-12" JL W3 subs
Escalade Gauges
Gauge pod: boost and wide band
Meth controls

Performance:
-408: iron block, JE Pistions, Callies crank and rods, ETP heads, comp cam, ARP hardware, Edelbrock lower Vic Jr. intake, Intake Elbows 90* upper.
-Custom Turbo kit: Don Kinder built, Percision s85 turbo, two bov's, FMIC, 5" down pipe
-Fuel: 15 gal cell in bed of truck, twin bosch pumps, lots of an fittings
-Trans: fully built 4l80e with PI convertor
-Misc: Snow Meth kit, eaton posi, cal tracs, 2 bar SD tune by Don Kinder

Last edited by 203Cree; 03-01-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:37 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Congrads man!
Now go and get that truck running!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats... no pics like on all the other threads??
Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Launching!

I still demand a recount ..

Congrats ..
Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SierraSport
I still demand a recount ..

Congrats ..
Me too. How does a killer looking truck like yours get beat by one that doesnt even run

Thanks to everyone that voted for me
Old 03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Congrats!!
Old 03-01-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

sweet dude, now get that rig running and to the truck
Old 03-01-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

couldn't have picked a better truck congrats.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congratulations!!! Nice ride!
Old 03-01-2007, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Congrats! Ive always liked your truck

Quick Reply: 8ALTNG: March '07 TOTM