Truck of the Quarter Performance Trucks TOTQ Winners (former TOTM winners as well)

2004SSS: Feb. 2007 TOTM

Old 02-02-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004SSS: Feb. 2007 TOTM

2004SSS

As I grew out of my old Tahoe I was always intrigued by the Silverado SS truck. I joined SilveradoSS.com to help me find a new truck and to see what the aftermarket offered for it. Learning the SS were awd with power made me want it even more and after seeing the cool things that members on SSS.com were doing i had to find one. Finally one day (november 30th 2004) i finally found a SS in black. It was located about 100 miles away and it was pre-owned with 8k miles on it. It was formerly 2005SSr6speed's truck. He had put a good mark cowl hood and a custom roll pan on it. SO after some bargaining i finally bought it for 29k out the door.

I then found performance trucks.net after the performance mod started kicking in. I started off with all of the basic bolt on mods such as, headers, intake, tune and exhaust. I also had to do some visual mods to the SS because i wanted something that looked as good as it was fast. So i went with some forged 22' inch wheels, Baer alumasport brakes, and a drop kit. This was still not enough, i then wanted more power. I found a Vortech supercharger kit that was being sold that included a lot of extras. So i had no choice but to buy it. It also included a cam and i put that in before i installed the blower. That got me running low 14's on 22-inch wheels.

I finally installed the blower about a month later. This got me running high 12's on 22's and when i felt the power the joy it brought me was indescribable. After a few passes the tranny finally didn’t want to take anymore. I took my truck to the Toy Shop in Pomona Ca. They did some awesome work and my trans has held up ever since. I then set my new goal to an 11 second e.t. So i found some lightweight 18-inch wheels and smaller tires. With these i lost almost 1/2 second the 1/4 mile. This gave me and 12.003 e.t and that’s all i could ever get out it.

I then found a deal on an upgraded supercharger that would bolt in place of the curretn one i had( S-trim to T-trim) and this blower was not only more efficient and allowed for more boost but it also made the cool blower sound.I took it to the track with this blower but i discovered that it was leaking oil and the bearigns were going south. I deceided to run it for the day just to see what it could do. I ran drag radials this time around because traction was starting to be an issue even with awd. The best i could manage was a 12.1 with a horrible head wind and belt slippage. So i deceided to start swapping the 22's back on putting the bed cover back on and getting ready to leave. I heard the last run call so i wanted to see what she would run with the extra weight and bigger wheels. I lined it up and launched at 2500 rpms with hardly any spin. the truck felt like it pulled hard all the way to the finish line. by the time i had started to turn around after the traps i heard my cell phone ring. 11.9 are all i remember hearing . I had finally reached my goal even with the 22's.
The mods the truck currently has

Performance:
Vortech T trim (Race) supercharger 3.1 pulley
Maxflow blow off valve
Nitrous Express efi wet kit (50-150 shot)
860 nitrous bottle heater (built into mount)
Nitro daves nitrous switch panel
3-gallon intercooler icebox
big 3(upgraded power, ground and alt wires(I/0 gauge)
relocated optima yellow top battery
Mototron 60lb injectors
Fluiddyne heat exchanger w/e-fans and Nitrous purge
Toy Shop Built 4l65e
TCS 2800 stall
Tru-cool 40,000gvw trans cooler
MSD plug wires
Ngk tr6 cold range plugs (gapped to .035)
Custom fabbed cold air intake/fiberglass air box
Magnaflow dual in/out 3" muffler w b built in X pipe
Magnaflow metallic catalytic converter(now gutted)
Pacesetter Long Tube headers
Doug’s Electric guillotine Cutouts
2005 Gm Electric fans
160 Thermostat
TA Performance 10 bolt girdle
Optima yellow top
200-amp alternator
Alumasport 14 inch Baer brakes
Stainless Steel braided brake lines
Autometer phantom 2 boost and fuel press gauges
Pinned crank
Magnavolt boost-a-pump
255 lph walbro fuel pump
Ported throttle body
Throttle body Coolant bypass
Tuned using HP tuners pro
lm1 wideband
Centerline 18's(track only)
305/45/18 Nitto Drag radials(track only)

Appearance Modifications
True Fire Paint job (Starbucks Customs)
******* speedsturr bed cover
BSER custom roll pan w/hitch
McGaughy 2-3.5 deluxe kit
Beltech bump stops
Beltech 6*shims
Beltech nitro active shocks(front/rear)
Precision billet grill
Custom Chromed bumper ducts
Goodmark cowl hood
Shopman1 bowtie
Chrome SS Emblems
Shaved tailgate
Motoforge 22's(22x10) powder coated black
Toyo proxes 305/40/22
5000K Philips h.i.d. kit
Hotchkis anti-sway bars (for lowered truck)
Aeroforce interceptor gauge
Valentine1 Radar detector
Smoked tails
Smoked led third

I now have set my new 2007 goal to be the first 10-second SS silverado. So i sent the blower to get rebuilt and unfortunately i was forced into buying a brand new unit. I also deceided to buy a nx wet nitrous kit to get the truck going faster and help cool the intake charge temperatures with a small 50 shot to start off with. A few days before track day we were tuning the last few things and the worst thing happened . The bone stock Lq9 motor deceided it had enough. After looking at the logs we figured it was partly caused by going lean. Realizing the fuel system is also a weak link going down to 52 psi from 60 at wot was something that needed to be addressed. The truck is getting a newly designed return fuel system and a new 370 cubic inch motor.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats.

You've got one good looking truck--with performance to back it up.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Great looking truck with a lot of speed to back up those SS emblems. I really like the flames too. I was looking at getting that type done on my truck. Maybe one of these days, once I get out of college, I'll be able to join you guys on the drag strip.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you made it
Old 02-02-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrads!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:40 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrads, now get up here for the 17th and show us how fast ya are!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Congrats!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

right on , thanks to everyone who voted for me . Im really excited i actually won. The hard work on the truck has finally paid off. but i still think the other trucks are definatly worthy of totm too. can they be nominated again? Again thanks to you guys who voted.

Originally Posted by trever1t
Congrads, now get up here for the 17th and show us how fast ya are!

right now it doesent look like its going to heppen. the motor is just startign to get assembled. i ordere drockers a few days ago and they wont be here for two weeks. i am also changing my returnless to a return. i also may wait to see what happens with the billet 90 mm tb. .So it may be mid march before i get it running.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Chase, you've certainly earned the recognition.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing the new times!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004SSS: Feb. 2007 TOTM