Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Wrecked my TBSS

Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update!! The initial estimate is right at $12,000 to repair it, it will likely get to around $15,000 by the time it's done. They have started on it, trying to remove the paint and see what they can get off. I just waxed it the weekend before so it's coming off pretty easy except for the rubber parts and plastic. After tomorrow and the MRI I will be over $1200 out of pocket so far in rental and medical bills and still do not know if he has insurance. Mine will be fixed regardless and I will eventually get reimbursed but damn this is getting expensive!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:34 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good thing you had comprehensive!!! I need to get that on my truck now after the last scare with the lady that hit me. Turns out her insurance only had X amount of money to cover both people that she hit and it was possible that they wouldn't of had enough money to fix my whole truck. Luckily that didn't happen but I need to get that taken care of. Hope it works out for you!! Did the cops give you a accident claim card with the report #? I couldn't talk to the lady that hit me so I didn't know if she had insurance either till about 2 weeks later. Fuggin PITA trying to get the info from the cops.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you OnStar was active that something is wrong. The only reason that I can think of is because your airbags didn't deploy it didn't send the signal to the OnStar system to make the call. I would definatly look into the air bag setup to see if something is wrong with it.

Also the guy that was driving the paint truck should have insurance. It looks to be a work vehicle so the company that he works for must have insurance.

Good news though on the TBSS able to be repaired. Its a really sweet ride.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sc00by
Also the guy that was driving the paint truck should have insurance. It looks to be a work vehicle so the company that he works for must have insurance.
Yea he is Joe Snuffy painting and is his own company therefore needeth no insurance. That is my bet any way.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zeake
Yea he is Joe Snuffy painting and is his own company therefore needeth no insurance. That is my bet any way.
Damn low budget contractors!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zeake
I'm hoping thats not the case but it is Memphis, home of the un-insured!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Whore

Glad you're ok! Very interesting, the airbags in my Envoy Denali didnt deploy either.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...s-ls1-suv.html
Old 04-26-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
Glad you're ok! Very interesting, the airbags in my Envoy Denali didnt deploy either.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...s-ls1-suv.html
Did you have the side curtain airbags? The frontal damage dosen't look severe enough to have deployed the front bag. I wonder if this a common issue with these vehicles?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:56 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I read that the airbags are deployed when the six accelerometers that are positioned throughout the vehicle detect abnormal changes to vehicle speed. IMO they shoulda detected something in most of these crashes.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree that in both cases the airbags should have deployed, his rollover and my hard frontal impact. I beginning to think there might be a issue?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wrecked my TBSS