TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

14 bolt vs built 10 bolt rear end

Old 01-08-2017, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by nathanstowing
thanks for the advice where can i find one and what gears do you recommend to go with it, I've been looking at moser rear ends but there kinda pricey but worth it probably
Google is your friend, but you have Currie, Moser, Dutchman, Mark Willams, Quick Performance, Art Morrison, etc. Plus depending upon were you live there are Local shops who take the 9" housing and and will cut you a set of axels with your choice of splines than weld up your leaf perches and shocks mounts, leaving you to add brakes and paint.

Keep in mind you can find 3rd member housings at any pull apart and find a N nodular housing and good gears pretty cheap if you break something.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I've heard of people having good luck with these guys - 9inchfloater.com
Old 01-11-2017, 02:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,433 Likes on 1,061 Posts

If not going the 9" route, I fully support the 9.5 AAM "14 bolt"

If you have a welder and some fab skills/ experience these axles can be had for pennies at a u pull yard from a van or light duty 2500 in the 6 lug variety. My yard sells rear axles for $99 before tax/fees/cores. And has at least 2 that I saw last time there.

I bet you the cost of a u pull AAM 14 bolt that you cant build a 10 bolt stronger for cheaper.

Above all, the 9" is def the better route, but not the cheapest.

Search this Thread